can this still be fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ur shot is already technically wrong...if u 1 to get the kind of same image u googled...my advice is go take again...at a diff time of a day....

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with your pic... the blue tint is due to the sun ray reflected by vapours from the trees. If you want more detail to the mountain, you probably have to take on different time of the day, perhaps when the sun is shining on that face of the mountain.

:D thanks.. unfortunately when you're out on holiday (with 2 kids some more) no time think.. just shoot, shoot, shoot to cover a lot of places in such small time

Very true. Worst is when on a packaged tour where time is limited.

Just a suggestion, convert the picture to B&W the blue tint will be gone and limited flaws can be detected.

:think: This is my attempt ;p

elcapitantestpsih7.jpg

I know not nice (but try try lah) ...

Is this what you wanted to achieve?

elcapitan.jpg

PS. The blue tint is the color temperature of the surrounding environment making your camera white balance go nuts. What you needed to do was to warm up the picture and enhance the contrast you lost because you were shooting backlit. Playing with curves and the multiply layer to bring back the intensity of the colors and bringing the picture back to life.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions..

Cibs,

May I know what steps you made to remove the blue tint? Any setting I should put my white balance to avoid this next time? I noticed this happening when shooting in extremely bright sunlight.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions..

Cibs,

May I know what steps you made to remove the blue tint? Any setting I should put my white balance to avoid this next time? I noticed this happening when shooting in extremely bright sunlight.

Balance it using the individual RGB tone curves. Either increase the red or decrease the blue. It will be different for individual situations. You may also want to set an 82k warming filter to it to warm up the entire scene.

It happens in high altitude situations where the air is cool. Its not the intensity of the sunlight. Try using a manual balance and set the color temperature between 5000k to 7000k. It will depend on the time on day. 'Warmer tones' at 5000k and cooler tones at 7000k.

Status
Not open for further replies.