Can this digi cab db-036 fit my gears?

Learnphotography

Apr 18, 2009
Singapore
I thinking to get a digi cab db-036 which has a External Dimension of W30×D30×H43cm.
I want to know if it can fit my 550D w Grip w 70-200EF F4 IS attached?

The length is about 24cm. I cant get any info on the internal dimension.

I also have tamron 17-50 f2.8, 50mm f1.8 and 430ex II.

I never plan to buy any more gears. At the very most, one more lens or small accessories.

And from my research, parisilk is selling at 106 which is the cheapest.

Thanks!

Last edited:
bring your stuff down to shop to try

it also depends on if u like your stuff all neatly spread out or you are ok with stacking and jamming in stuff (i.e. are u a neat freak or a slob or someone in between)

I have the same dry cabinet and I tried to fit my D300s and my 300mm f/4 together. I can't.

Once you detach them, you can. Easily. I have more stuff than you and they all fit well inside my dry cabinet.

I thinking to get a digi cab db-036 which has a External Dimension of W30×D30×H43cm.

I never plan to buy any more gears. At the very most, one more lens or small accessories.

Thanks!
For me, it can hold my 35mm f2, 50mm f1.4, 16mm fisheye, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, d700 with grip, sb900, 2 small compact cameras and still have space for another body.
It's about strategizing how you want to place it. just dismount your lens and place it seperately, it will save you lots of money getting one with an extremely tall height.

The DB036 is a 30L capacity. I'm able to fit my cam body + another canon compact cam + 70-200 F4L + tamron 17-50 + F4Lens cover + spare batteries + Digital Hygrometer and a can of tea leaves into it.

Thanks!
Organize the trays properly and you can put in more than just those.

Thanks!

Can. I have a similar setup to yours. Of course for 70-200 the hood must reverse or taken out. Mine still in the box.;p

If i am not wrong, the model digi cab db-036 is the smallest size of the range.
Consider getting at least 1 or 2 bigger capacity which u will not regret later on.

Though i am not using the same brand (i am using Aipo 68L) , my experience was to go for 38L initially but when i look at the phyiscal size i decide to go for 2 more bigger size. I juz want to invest this and used at least for next 3-5 yrs without upgrading due to lack of space. Is juz my IMO.

cheers

i got the same cabinet and here's what i kept:

- 5DMKII body
- 17-40mm
- 35mm
- 135mm
- CZ 50mm
- OM 50mm
- B+W ND110 filter
- my trusty good old panasonic pns
- batteries for both cams
- tripod plate + L shape 'spanner' (i put it in here cos i scare i will misplace it!)
- a nice vintage $50 HKD note i got it last week during my HK trip
- my passport photos
- some credit cards that i dun intend to bring out

I think that's it haha.

I dun see a need to keep my flash in the cabinet... so store in the pouch and place it next to my dry cabinet.

I would suggest you to go for a bigger dry cabinet...
I regreted getting the small one, and now my wife does not allow me to get another one or a bigger one... :bheart:
Even worse, she is actually occupying half of the space in the current dry cabinet to store her own accessories!! :sweat: