Can this combination be used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viclam

Dec 19, 2004
East, Singapore
jwc1.blogspot.com
Hi,
I'm currently using the 18-200VR lens with my D80. I also own a F-601s. Can I use the lens with the 601?

Advice needed and appreciated!!!

Hi,
I'm currently using the 18-200VR lens with my D80. I also own a F-601s. Can I use the lens with the 601?

Advice needed and appreciated!!!

You can mount the lens on the F-601s but the image will not fill the whole film frame.. You can try. I don't think you'll want to use it. Also, does F601s allow you to select aperture with a dial control? If not, you probably can only use the lens on P and S modes only. I'm not familiar with F-601s.

DX lenses are made specifically for the Nikon APS sensors on Nikon's digital cameras. With the possible exception of the 12-24, they will generally not fit the 35mm format, leaving a strange black semi-circle on your picture.

You can mount the lens on the F-601s but the image will not fill the whole film frame.. You can try. I don't think you'll want to use it. Also, does F601s allow you to select aperture with a dial control? If not, you probably can only use the lens on P and S modes only. I'm not familiar with F-601s.

The F601 only has the one dial for shutter speed selection. So only P and S modes are available when used with crippled...oh, I mean G lenses. Also the VR function will not be available.

OK. That means I'm not able to use the len with the F-601. Was still thinking that I automatically have an 18mm lens... :)

OK. That means I'm not able to use the len with the F-601. Was still thinking that I automatically have an 18mm lens... :)
Nice try..., but it is DX lens.

You will have vignetting on film slr camera if you able to use dx lens on film body.

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.