Can the public bring in cameras during POP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
hi, folks!

been a while since i last wore green. so, i'm not familar with the current rulings. my wife and i will be attending her ex-student's POP (passing out parade) at selarang camp next sat morning. are we allowed to bring in our cameras for the POP? last time i POP, i dun even have my parents coming to tekong... i only know at the OCS commissioning parade at SAFTI MI, the public can take photos.

TIA! ;)

ortega said:
just bring it and don't tell them
but leave the tripod at home.

haiz... monopod can? i'm expecting my wife and i to be sitting pretty far away from the parade square. was going to borrow my fren's sigma 300mm/f4 for the POP. :embrass:

no problem
i asked this qn during my brother's POP too....

i brought my 35 - 350 L Lens . mount steady on the tripod... waiting for my bro....
hes in Bravo.. so i waited... wahhahaha

WAH KAO!!!! Everyone looked a like!!!! thus i gave up shooting!
hahahahaha

RuthBaby said:
no problem
i asked this qn during my brother's POP too....

i brought my 35 - 350 L Lens . mount steady on the tripod... waiting for my bro....
hes in Bravo.. so i waited... wahhahaha

WAH KAO!!!! Everyone looked a like!!!! thus i gave up shooting!
hahahahaha

thanks RB!

heehee... yeah. the botak head does make everyone look alike, hor? remember during my parents' vistation week, they couldn't find me in the crowd... tho i must be the fattest recruit ard! :bsmilie:

For P. Tekong no problem. u wanna bring video in oso can!

so i guess it shd apply to most camps. mostly the restriction is on taking photos of the bunks, army vehicles or installations. then they consider it violating security.

anyway, can always ask ur wife's bro to check out with his PC or CSM

you want to zoom in on him in the parade square?
I think that it is better to take the atmosphere
and submit for total defence contest.

You can take his photo after the parade.

wainism said:
For P. Tekong no problem. u wanna bring video in oso can!

so i guess it shd apply to most camps. mostly the restriction is on taking photos of the bunks, army vehicles or installations. then they consider it violating security.

anyway, can always ask ur wife's bro to check out with his PC or CSM

haha... its my wife's star ex-student from school. not bro. ;p

ortega - was thinking of shooting something for the competition. but, the shot i had in mind requires me to go down to the parade square and shoot WA... think if i dare go to the sqaure during the parade, the ranger trainers might just catch me and dump me into the POW training wing.... :sweat:

oops...paiseh...

erm, u shd have problems going down to the parade square. at most u can stay at the EDGE of the square. cos there shd be some ppl jargar-ing to make sure no champion just rush into the parade sq and disrupt the whole thing.

wainism said:
oops...paiseh...

erm, u shd have problems going down to the parade square. at most u can stay at the EDGE of the square. cos there shd be some ppl jargar-ing to make sure no champion just rush into the parade sq and disrupt the whole thing.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: dats true. guess i most probably get the best shots after the parade, not during. :think:

You can just bring along, declare it la, you should know the rules better, as long as it's declared, you can safely use it, if they refuse, then just leave at the guardpost.

I don't know about selerang camp, but certain camps void all entries with handphone cams. For example my airbase will block out all cameras no matter what type.

Btw, think you're better off witha 500 f/4 ;p

espn said:
You can just bring along, declare it la, you should know the rules better, as long as it's declared, you can safely use it, if they refuse, then just leave at the guardpost.

I don't know about selerang camp, but certain camps void all entries with handphone cams. For example my airbase will block out all cameras no matter what type.

Btw, think you're better off witha 500 f/4 ;p

normal workdays at gombak HQ, yeah. if i show them a camera and the MPs will go into a heart attack. but for POP at selarang, think they might make an exception... i hope... :sweat:

500/f4? sheesshhh..... unless garion got one to lend me... :think:

Selarang shd be 6 SIR? cannot quite remember. but shd be no issue. cos this is open to public(the parents) so called. its quite a PR event. so if they dun allow this dun allow that, ppl may complain. so camera shd be quite alright.

my suggestion is, go very early, as early as possible. get the better seats. do a ground recce. like where r the good shooting locations etc. i have been thru abt 5 or 6 recruit POPs liao, but all in tekong. i reckon that it shd be abt the same standard.

wainism said:
Selarang shd be 6 SIR? cannot quite remember. but shd be no issue. cos this is open to public(the parents) so called. its quite a PR event. so if they dun allow this dun allow that, ppl may complain. so camera shd be quite alright.

my suggestion is, go very early, as early as possible. get the better seats. do a ground recce. like where r the good shooting locations etc. i have been thru abt 5 or 6 recruit POPs liao, but all in tekong. i reckon that it shd be abt the same standard.

yeah. but, man... starts at 8am in the morning... means we need to leave CCK ard 6.30am...

thanks, wainism! will remember to scout for locations. most probably aiming for the middle row seats. ;p

now... where's garion so dat i can kindnap his 500mm... ;)

no prob man. i wish i had someone take fotos of my POP, and all the other ceremonies!!!

r u a regular with some crabs on ur shoulders? if u r then i think ur no.3 is ur best passport liao lah. but dunno if can use an slr with no.3 or not. hahaha

wainism said:
no prob man. i wish i had someone take fotos of my POP, and all the other ceremonies!!!

r u a regular with some crabs on ur shoulders? if u r then i think ur no.3 is ur best passport liao lah. but dunno if can use an slr with no.3 or not. hahaha

me? regular??? :bsmilie: nope. just another civilian employee with mindef. thank God, no more uniforms!

should be fine, different camp have different ways of conducting their pop. so might want to ask for the schedule to know when to shoot.

wainism said:

6 SIR already moved out of Selarang camp. Currently it is 3 SIR. The last round when I went back for ICT, they were very strict with camera HP and camera. You might want to call them and check before the POP.

Cheers
John

nightwolf75 said:
me? regular??? :bsmilie: nope. just another civilian employee with mindef. thank God, no more uniforms!
Uniforms? Wad uniforms? ;) Can eat or not? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.