Can the Optech strap be slung sideways?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotchoco1ate

Jan 27, 2010
just wondering if a optech strap can be used like a r strap. if so can anyone post the type of buckle or strap used for this? im thinking of getting a confortable and durable strap but hate to hang on the neck since it will produce great strain no matter how much the strap can dissipate/distribute the weight.

thanks =D

PS: i tried to google the pictures but sadly could not find any.

I dont see why it cannot.

Do you just mean if the Optech straps are long enough for you to cross sling, eg. from left shoulder, across your chest, and camera resting on your right hip? If that's what you're asking then yes. I use an Optech Envy Strap and I cross sling most of the time.

I also use the Optech Super Classic Strap for my 7D with a 18-250mm lens in a cross sling manner. It's long enough to rest the camera on my hip, whilst allowing quick access to snap pictures without having to unsling it.

I've trekked for 3 hours with it slung this way, no pain or aches on the shoulder.

If you are small sized and thin, yes. If you are big sized, no.

Then no. Unless you find a way to add extensions to the strap.

I have a proloop too. In the end I got a R strap. I got a basic version of the R strap and it cost me around 68 only.

hey bro ^^ i just got the R strap too - do u keep it attached most of the time? i.e. like if u wanna take a quick candid shot at home or something, do u have any strap always attached, like a hand strap or something u can just wrap around ur wrist? im thinking of getting an optech pro loop for this reason

Status
Not open for further replies.