Can the Canon 710IS and the Lumix FZ7 give a shallow DOF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aljazz

Apr 13, 2004
Thinking of getting either the Canon 710IS or the Lumix FZ7. Does any of these cameras give a shallow DOF? Thought I might have read somewhere that the FZ7 might be able to do this.

Understand also that sensor size plays a part in DOF besides the focal length, subject to camera distance, aperture size but how big is big for the sensor size to give a shallow DOF of how small is small that it gives you a deep DOF?

Thnx!

bwilly

Aug 28, 2004
Woodlands
www.markkhor.com
Thinking of getting either the Canon 710IS or the Lumix FZ7. Does any of these cameras give a shallow DOF? Thought I might have read somewhere that the FZ7 might be able to do this.

Understand also that sensor size plays a part in DOF besides the focal length, subject to camera distance, aperture size but how big is big for the sensor size to give a shallow DOF of how small is small that it gives you a deep DOF?

Thnx!
P n S, not easy to get DOF.
Only way you can get it is with fast lens. (low aperture)
Or rather how you place your subject n between the background.
Eg. you have your subject in an open field, focus on the subject, you get DOF.
If you have your subject just behind a wall, even with a SLR, you can't get much DOF.
You need to know more about the fundamental of photography first, before talking about the camera limitations.

Sep 24, 2006
East
What i did is to use macro mode and go really close to the subject

Not sure how would people rate these, but here is a shot as a newbie.:sweat:

Note that have a little CA on rims of petals
Using F2.8 and 1/100 if i not mistaken :think:

Read that can also use tele-macro mode but have yet to try out :dunno: Exams are near

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom