Can the C5060WZ use the FL 50 flashgun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonstone

Sep 25, 2004
Woodlands
Hi all. Just wonder if I can use the Olympus FL 50 flashgun on the C5060. Actually, having a hard time deciding whether to purchase the FL 36 or FL 50. Normally I will use it as a off-camera flash using a flash cord cable. Thanks for all the advice.:)

tao

Jan 7, 2005
Beach Road
yes, the FL-50 will work with the C5060Z. but don't you think it is an overkill? :)

the next best thing is the FL-40.

chancy

Dec 16, 2003
Northern Singapore
Visit site
Moonstone said:
Hi all. Just wonder if I can use the Olympus FL 50 flashgun on the C5060. Actually, having a hard time deciding whether to purchase the FL 36 or FL 50. Normally I will use it as a off-camera flash using a flash cord cable. Thanks for all the advice.:)
Hello Moonstone,

The FL36 would balance better. The extra power from FL50 would give you more options for exposure settings & bouncing. The less responsively AF system of the 5060 may be served with the slower recycle time of the FL36.

If you're looking for a compact system revolving around a prosumer digicam, the FL36 is a better fit.

Investment-wise, your 5060 battery & flash either FL36/50 would work on the E-System. This commonality will preserve your $ investment in the Olympus brand.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Moonstone

Sep 25, 2004
Woodlands
chancy said:
Hello Moonstone,

The FL36 would balance better. The extra power from FL50 would give you more options for exposure settings & bouncing. The less responsively AF system of the 5060 may be served with the slower recycle time of the FL36.

If you're looking for a compact system revolving around a prosumer digicam, the FL36 is a better fit.

Investment-wise, your 5060 battery & flash either FL36/50 would work on the E-System. This commonality will preserve your $ investment in the Olympus brand.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Yes, it helps. Thanks Chancy! I'll decide on the FL-36 and most likely to get it by year-end. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom