Can tell me what is wrong with my photograph?

tnecniv

Jan 25, 2012
001a1.jpg

Hi im a noob wanna noe wat is wrong with my e-pm1, what is my mistake. pls advise

Exposure problem. Check your aperture, shutter and ISO. These are the main setting to get the correct exposure.

Exposure problem. Check your aperture, shutter and ISO. These are the main setting to get the correct exposure.

shot from a tripod with these setting
f/22
ISO200
focal length 28mm
MaxAperture Value f/3.5

im shooting from Aperture manual mode. Wat setting should i change?

under exposed. and probably see if you can get a better exposure with lower ISO - the noise is apparent in this one.

f/22
ISO200
focal length 28mm
MaxAperture Value f/3.5

If I am not wrong, there is nothing wrong with the picture or settings, it is properly exposed with the settings managed by your camera.
It sets the exposure according to the light in the houses.

use flash.

001a1.jpg

Hi im a noob wanna noe wat is wrong with my e-pm1, what is my mistake. pls advise

Looks under-exposed and noisy.. Use a tripod.. Change to f/25 for aperture mode, and for shutter-priority mode, try 22sec exposure..

f/22
ISO200
focal length 28mm
MaxAperture Value f/3.5

Looks under-exposed and noisy.. Use a tripod.. Change to f/25 for aperture mode, and for shutter-priority mode, try 22sec exposure..

I guess that's one thing for small sensors - I was using E-P3 previously, low light/night shooting performance isn't very good. @ISO 200 and produces obvious noises in the above pic :(

I would probably suggest opening up the aperture to probably between f/11 to f/16 and allowing longer exposures.

Can Try HDR or AEB.

Tks for the input. May i noe when does increasing iso help? And why change to f/12 to f/15 when i alrdy set to f/22?

Please advise

Prince Photogenic said:

Alrdy on tripod . Max i can set is f/22

Tks for the input. May i noe when does increasing iso help? And why change to f/12 to f/15 when i alrdy set to f/22?

Please advise
Set to f/12 or f/11 because:

1. At f/22 your image suffers from diffraction
2. You want more light to enter the lens.

Learn how to use your exposure meter, it's covered in your manual.

edutilos- said:
Why F/25?

mistake.. meant to put 22s..

i nv tried shooting in PAS mode before, but i tend to use long exposure at nite, if i could..

i once tried to take a similar photo at my neighborhood n my setting was 30s, f/22, iso100..

uh.. was i wrong?

tnecniv said:
Alrdy on tripod . Max i can set is f/22

sorry, my mistake.. shld have been 22.. mine's 22 as well..

go easy on the aperture, f8 or f9 should suffice.

set to base ISO and tweak shutter speed to compensate the exposure.

but i think you will hit the 30s limit with ISO 200.

aiya, just play around the 3 settings until the photo gets expose correctly.

without being physically at the location, it is very difficult to advise what kinda settings to use.

Night scene metering can be quite inaccurate sometimes.

I suggest you stick to P mode and adjust the exposure compensation instead.

use flash.

yes.

@TS while you're at it, also please take note that girls watching from the block are not looking in your direction while you're flashing at it

jokes aside...

depends on what you want to achieve. we use a smaller aperture i.e larger F-number to get a greater DOF for landscape. however, when that happens, your shutter speed is slower. (small aperture = less light reaching the sensor for the given shutter speed)

your camera's metering screwed up the exposure. since you're in aperture priority, what you need to do is to use Exposure Compensation as mentioned by the rest of the bros and sis here. increase it to +1, then +2 and you'll see the difference.

at night, to get a good exposure where the subject is well-exposed, you need to slow down your shutter speed. since your camera's already on a tripod, perhaps you can try Manual Mode, use the same Aperture settings, while using slower shutter speeds each time to get different exposures. then, it's easier to understand how to get the exposure you need.

that being said, there's no magic settings for exposure. it depends on the amount of light and the resulting effect that you want to achieve.

Prince Photogenic said:
sorry, my mistake.. shld have been 22.. mine's 22 as well..

Try not to go above f16, there might be lens diffraction. For such shots, f8-f11 is already more than enough.

thanks guy. the helps are helpful. i will try again tonight. hopefully can get better pic.