Can Tamron 28-70mm 2.8f macro use for portraits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamiru

Mar 20, 2007
As the above question. Any1 can help me?

any lens can be use for portrait..... depends on what type of portrait you want to create.

for this 28~70mm lens, why it can't?

Is there any diff/ big diff between other lenses?

And does it means that macro is a added feature of that lens?

MACRO enables you to focus closer to the subject.. EG Flowers, Insects etc. (Depending on the focusing scale how close you can get)

All lenses can be used for potraits.. It depends on what angle and how close you want the subject to be...

As you have read, 50mm, 85mm prime lenses is like a favourite potrait lens for usually eg to take a picture head and body..

each lens has it own properties, usually lens with big apperture like f/1.2~2.8 can give better blur back ground to make the subject stand out.

Macro only mean this Tamron lens can take macro at it 75mm with a 1:4 ratio. While a true macro prime lens can take 1:1 ratio and with better sharpness (bigger zoom, more details).

So basically, there is no major diff except on the macro function if we compare with a macro and non macro version. Is that right?

So basically, there is no major diff except on the macro function if we compare with a macro and non macro version. Is that right?
even a macro lens also can use for portrait taking, I used to have a Tamron 90 macro lens for portrait, now using a Nikon 105 macro lens for portrait work.

I have the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, and I often use it to take portraits of my friends and family. Hope that will answer your question;)

Thx. Just wanna confirm if i really got the correct lens for portrait. Much appreciated!

All lens can be used for potraits your Tamron 28-75mm have its properties you have wide aperture to have blur background and versatile as you can zoom in and out..

Status
Not open for further replies.