Can take photos inside Orchard Ion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
should have no issue in taking pics for shopping center in singapore right. during a recent trip to bangkok central world i was stopped by a security who informed me i cant take pics inside

I have two stores there and I shoot them for my company usage but to go about shooting others, some security guards will stop to ask you why or what are you shooting especially at specific store fronts. But if you are shooting overall the scene in the mall it is usually not an issue. I had to stop some photographers roaming about who take too long and too much space to shoot INSIDE my store and obstructing other shoppings.. THAT I think is a no-no even if I am a photographer and from CS. I had to stop them though they not too happy to stop.There is freedom and there is freedom to do as you like.

I have two stores there and I shoot them for my company usage but to go about shooting others, some security guards will stop to ask you why or what are you shooting especially at specific store fronts. But if you are shooting overall the scene in the mall it is usually not an issue. I had to stop some photographers roaming about who take too long and too much space to shoot INSIDE my store and obstructing other shoppings.. THAT I think is a no-no even if I am a photographer and from CS. I had to stop them though they not too happy to stop.There is freedom and there is freedom to do as you like.

OT abit, curious what store was that? :dunno:

i have never been stopped from shooting in malls and i think it is STOOPID of security guard to stop you from shooting. If specific store displays the "no photography sign", then you should not take photos. And if you are making a nuisance of yourself, like in the post above.

However, most casual photographers just snap and go so it shouldn't be a problem. Tourists do this all the time at malls and especially to take pics of luxury storefronts like Prada, LV, etc. See if security will chase THEM away!

which 2 stores are yours?

Yup. I went with a friend and we started shooting. We didn't take photos in shops though. Took some shots of a security guard as well as beside him and wasn't bothered either.

yup, i also went with a camera kaki last week. no problems. BTW, i love dunkin donuts!

i wonder why it took Dunkin Donuts so long to cross the Causeway...

yeah, used to get malaysian friends to buy for me!

I was there 2 weeks ago to do some interior shoot for my client.. With my camera gears and tripod, I walked pass the security guards and they didn't even want to look at me..

Suffice to say...I am not sure I should be promoting my stores here but well you will find in the right store they sells some poster and as a photographer.. I ordered up some Ansel Adams posters which some shutterbugs might like. Find them if you can. heh.

Suffice to say...I am not sure I should be promoting my stores here but well you will find in the right store they sells some poster and as a photographer.. I ordered up some Ansel Adams posters which some shutterbugs might like. Find them if you can. heh.

lol, "promoting ah"

was there yesterday and the day before. But didt see you in the shop leh.....

So cryptic ah? Ok, lah, will look for your shop, it is easier to get lost at Vivocity than at ION........

You are right, freedom (and in broader sense democracy) doesn't mean you can do whatever you want disregarding others, we live in a multi person society, not in a one person society (ok lah, N. Korea is an exception)

HS

Anyone chased by security there?

i took a few shots of a shop at the basement there and no one stop me so far.

Not sure about others.

In many countries (not sure about Singapore) big name shopfronts are copyrighted, so you can not just take pics of it, they are afraid for copycats............and with reason

HS

In many countries (not sure about Singapore) big name shopfronts are copyrighted, so you can not just take pics of it, they are afraid for copycats............and with reason

HS

ya, some in sg do practice it

been there shooting, no problems.

i believe you can take photos inside a shopping centre, but it is basic courtesy not to so inside shops or when you are requested not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.