Can stop paypal payment if goods not in order???

Status
Not open for further replies.

eesteck

Feb 19, 2006
East
Might be doing my first purchase fr ebay USA. Heard that if i use paypal to pay, I can stop my credit card payment to paypal if the goods never arrive after required period or not in order, is it true?

hope experience bros can give some advise, thanks.:)

call paypal... they have an office in Singapore, tel. no. 65104650... previously had them reverse a charge for me (before the Singapore office was up so I corresponded through email), didn't even have to call my card issuing bank :)

Out of curiosity... what recourse would the seller have if the buyer decides to be funny and tries to reverse the charge?

Would that work? For example the buyer "claims" that you shipped him an incomplete set or a completely different item.

If you're worried about that, and for very expensive items/large transactions, a friend once suggested this: Video tape the items being packaged -AT the post office with PO and workers in BG, then ensure that you continue recording till the package is taken over by the postal officer - in other words, no break in footage or segments where the package leaves the frame. Yah, sounds very kia su but how else to 'prove' that you did your part?

LOL ok. I was just asking out of curiosity and was attacked by a sudden bout of paranoia. :bsmilie:

Maybe it's just me.. but I still prefer dealing face-to-face and cash-in-hand. :)

use a parcel company like Fed Ex or UPS... once the package is in their hands, they will have records of the receiving the package and delivery... :)

Paypal dipute resolution is a joke!!! :angry: I will only use Paypal as last resort.

Had one dispute with a seller, goods did not appear as what was advertised, buyers beware.. buyers are always at the losing end when there are disputes.

Exhausted Paypals dispute channels and eventually the only course of action that is really available to you if seller decides to ignore every communication is to rate the seller badly.

../azul123

So what do you recommend if not paypal then?
Be cautious with buying in eBay and be selective with sellers, buy from those that have good track record.

If you really must buy from eBay and have to use Paypal, all you can do is pray that seller is honest, just so you know if there is dispute with the sale and seller just play dumb, all Paypal can do is open direct communication between buyer and seller, still they can request buyer to return the item and pay for the shipment yourself... but with my case I decided not to return because the wording on Paypal is alot of "may" seller may pay you, seller may this and that. No gaurantee of getting my money back, so decided to cut my losses and will only use Paypal last.

Paypal you suck big time! :thumbsd:

../azul123

Before you get an item, make sure the seller having good reps pts. Else can't forget it if other comments on him is bad. I ever brought a graphic card but in the end, the card don't work after some time. I ask the seller, he willing to RMA for me but i must ship back to CANADA! No choice, I find my own way n got it RMA n with a new one in the end.

Lesson learned, never ever get electronic things from oversea unless worth it. Other items, as long legal, can consider brought in if the price is right. Ebay got some power seller, go for those, they mostly will provide u with a good service. ;)

I do not buy if a seller does not accept Paypal.

Thanks evryone for the great advice abt paypal. How abt specific to my question, can i really stop in time the payment to seller if the goods never arrive or not in order? Reason I ask thi sis because i thought once i send the payment, paypal will charge to my credit card and pay to seller, how then can i stop the payment?

PayPal can try to reverse credit card charges or reimburse your $ if the good never arrived or not in order.

'PayPal Buyer Protection Policy. PayPal Buyer Protection Policy is our program to reimburse buyers for payments made to sellers on an eligible eBay website when: (a) goods are purchased but not delivered to the buyer (item not received), or (b) goods are delivered but are "significantly not-as-described" in the listing. If you are eligible under the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy, PayPal will first try to recover your payment from the seller. If PayPal is unable to recover your payment from the seller, PayPal will pay you the maximum amount of coverage for which your transaction qualifies. In order to qualify under the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy, your purchase must meet all of the eligibility requirements below, and you must comply with all of the buyer responsibilities below.' (From Paypal webpage: https://www.paypal.com/row/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_buyer_complaint)

Shipping from say United States/China for example usually takes 1 week(Normal USPS/CPS Airmail), normally what I do is to pay a bit more for shipping and insist on either trackable shipping or even FedEx/UPS. And save a copy of the auction webpage that you bought/won.:)

I once had a MIA seller, and I got a refund from the Paypal dispute resolution thing. Still it is always a risk :p

PayPal can try to reverse credit card charges or reimburse your $ if the good never arrived or not in order.

'PayPal Buyer Protection Policy. PayPal Buyer Protection Policy is our program to reimburse buyers for payments made to sellers on an eligible eBay website when: (a) goods are purchased but not delivered to the buyer (item not received), or (b) goods are delivered but are "significantly not-as-described" in the listing. If you are eligible under the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy, PayPal will first try to recover your payment from the seller. If PayPal is unable to recover your payment from the seller, PayPal will pay you the maximum amount of coverage for which your transaction qualifies. In order to qualify under the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy, your purchase must meet all of the eligibility requirements below, and you must comply with all of the buyer responsibilities below.' (From Paypal webpage: https://www.paypal.com/row/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_buyer_complaint)

Shipping from say United States/China for example usually takes 1 week(Normal USPS/CPS Airmail), normally what I do is to pay a bit more for shipping and insist on either trackable shipping or even FedEx/UPS. And save a copy of the auction webpage that you bought/won.:)

Please note that Buyer Protection policy works only if the Seller is eligible for the Buyer protection policy programme. You wouldn't be able to get back a single cent if the seller is not under that program. I've been cheated by a Korean Lens seller that faked an airway bill for the item shipped using the Korean Parcel service. I only have a best effort recourse from Paypal(under Buyer complaint policy) to recovered the money as the item isn't under the buyer protection policy. The buyer didn't even contested the buyer dispute resolution center and i won my case. But I didn't get a single cent back as the seller had already withdrawn the funds (the seller said it would take a Maximum 2 weeks for the delivery and i waited too long for it - bad choice). Please open your eye big big 1st before u bid for the item. If it isn't under the buyer protection policy it's best not to buy from them. You can still buy if you have confidence in the seller in delivering the item.

Hint - look thru their selling history and see if they have constantly been deilvering big ticket item. Some seller sells cheap stuff to up their rating and then cheat when they post some big ticket items for sale later on.

See this on how seller can obtain the buyer protection policy for the items they are selling. https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketplaces/general/ProtectionsSeller-outside . Quoted from the site.

If your item qualifies, eBay will insert a PayPal seal in your listing, along with text explaining that the item is covered by PayPal Buyer Protection.

&

13.9 eBay Items Eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection. Every item on eBay (except Live Auctions and vehicles) that meets the above requirements is eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection up to $200.00 USD (Basic Tier Coverage Amount), but items are only eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection up to $2,000.00 USD (Top Tier Coverage Amount) and should be identified as eligible items in the eBay listing if:

seller's eBay feedback rating is at least 50;
At least 98% of the seller's eBay feedback is positive;
The seller has a Verified Premier or Verified Business Account in good standing;
The listing was on an eligible eBay site (eBay.com and certain other eBay sites self identified as such)
PayPal is listed as an acceptable payment method; and
The seller is a PayPal User from one of the following countries:

- Argentina - Italy
- Austria - Jamaica
- Australia - Japan
- Belgium - Korea
- Brazil - Mexico
- Canada - Netherlands
- Chile - New Zealand
- China - Norway
- Czech Republic - Poland
- Denmark - Portugal
- Ecuador - Singapore
- Finland - Sweden
- France - Spain
- Germany - Switzerland
- Greece - Taiwan
- Hong Kong - Thailand
- Hungary - United Kingdom
- India - United States
- Ireland - Uruguay

It isn't easy to qualify for it and most seller in Ebay don't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.