Can someone solve this problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trenyi

Dec 10, 2004
North
trenyi.blogspot.com
This picture was taken with a Canon EOS30V with a 17-40mm L Lens with internal flash. The problem as you can notice is that there is a black portion on the number plate and surrounding it. I would hope if anyone know why this occur, as it happen to lots of my pictures when i never use an external flash. Is it due to the lens hood as it's quite big, or is it due to the lighting, can someone help me out here and also the solution in getting rid of the black spot in PS or PSE is much appreciated.

copy.jpg

Well,

It is because the internal flash is not high enough on the camera thus the lens hood block the lower portion of your internal flash light.

If that is the case then using the 17-40mm will not be able to use the internal flash only can use the external flash. Is there any way to make the flash higher than the hood, cause i know the hood is suppose to block flares so if i take out then flares might enter into the lens rite.

trenyi said:
If that is the case then using the 17-40mm will not be able to use the internal flash only can use the external flash. Is there any way to make the flash higher than the hood, cause i know the hood is suppose to block flares so if i take out then flares might enter into the lens rite.

I afraid external flash is the only solution :)

If you are careful not to have strong lights shining directly into your lens, you can do away with the hood and use your internal flash without this effect.

Hong Sien

This is definitely due to the hood. I think even without the hood, you'll still not be able to get pass it by using the internal flash.

I'm afraid an external flash is the only solution, if not, don't use flash. Use a tripod.

trenyi said:

I personally found the 17-40 hood pretty useless, and makes the lens really hard to pack. Internal falsh is really only usable with smallish lenses like the 50/1.4, 24-85 etc, and even then only for fill-in. For indoor stuff which depend on your flash for illumination, should definitely go for external flash.

Cheers,

Back away a bit from the object then you'd be able to take a good shot with internal flash ;) It's not as wide as the one you took above, but you always can crop it afterwards.

Cheers!

hongsien said:
If you are careful not to have strong lights shining directly into your lens, you can do away with the hood and use your internal flash without this effect.

Hong Sien

Have to agree here, :) actually no harm to a little experiment, by removing the lens hood and to see if your internal flash can produce an evenly lit pic that meets you shooting needs, of course and external flash is a sure way to go.. ;)

Were you wearing a hat when taking the shot?

Steven said:
Were you wearing a hat when taking the shot?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

confirm lens hood! i have the same prolem with my 18-70mm and built in flash... sb800 here i come! ;p :sweatsm:

I experience the same thing with one of my lenses. When I use a particular focal length the physical length of the lens is long. And it gets in the way of the built in flash as it goes off, casting a shadow.

I had the same prob with 300D internal flash wit tis lens... on wide end and when u aare too close to the subject... :(

trenyi said:

Trenyi. If you are using flash, then most probably there is insufficient light. If that is the case, then for what are you using a lens hood?

Take it off. Lens hood is used when there is strong natural lighting or strong light sources.

-MB

U R also too close to the subject. The dinky build in flash is not designed to handle more than 35mm wide angle and and above 70mm tele. Anyway why is your lens hood on? U only use the outdoor when shooting against the loght source.

take off the lens hood...
if problem still occurs and you only have the use of your internal flash...
you should try standing further away from the car and zoom in on the car.. instead of standing near the car and shooting at widest.

Best is still external flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.