Can someone recommend me good portraiture books?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpix0r

Oct 2, 2002
West
Hi, looking for good creative portraiture books for non-studio shoots. I would prefer non-glam/non-studio ones, and looking for books which explains techniques and poses. While I know it's better to participate in workshops, I would prefer to purchase a book first to read through and get a rough idea, so please just stick to recommending books in this thread.

Thank you.

Hi there, Photovideoi's Feb 07 issue has a very good article abt portraiture. For 6 bucks, you may wanna grab a copy to read up on the subject and techniques.

Hi there, Photovideoi's Feb 07 issue has a very good article abt portraiture. For 6 bucks, you may wanna grab a copy to read up on the subject and techniques.

Roger, that will be one item I will purchase. Looking for something that I can always look back and refer to, plus with lots of content and photos.

I suggest checking your local library. I found many books related to portraits at Sengkang and Tampines community library.

I suggest checking your local library. I found many books related to portraits at Sengkang and Tampines community library.

I know there are many, which is why I am looking for recommendations before getting a book and wasting time with it because it's not detailed enough or is not suitable for my needs... :bheart:

I know there are many, which is why I am looking for recommendations before getting a book and wasting time with it because it's not detailed enough or is not suitable for my needs... :bheart:
:bsmilie: that's the reason why, the other CSers are asking you to look thru the library's collection first.

There's one photographer whose works I like, she is Annabel Williams www.annabelwilliams.com

Try www.amherstmedia.com, there are many professional books on posing, lighting and portraits. Choose what you think suite your need, and go to Amazon.com, and check what people say about the specific books.

My personal experiences say I cannot depends on 1 or 2 books. Singapore Library's has many books about photography. Sometimes, I can even find the latest edition of those publish by Amherst Media.

Some good (& Some not so good, depending on your taste and style) inspirations can be obtained for free here. :angel:

:bsmilie: that's the reason why, the other CSers are asking you to look thru the library's collection first.

There's one photographer whose works I like, she is Annabel Williams www.annabelwilliams.com

I 2nd this choice. I have a book by her on portraiture and wedding photography. I quite like her style.

Marc Hom: PORTRAITS
256 pages
Publish on February 28, 2007

3832791612.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.