can someone recommend me a camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

lufu

Jan 20, 2002
Visit site
Looking for something less than a $1000.
with manual control which can take night shot of scenary as well as person.

which model currently is good?
hopefully something that use Smartmedia and normal AA batteries

Thanks.

Originally posted by lufu

Thanks.

U got lots of choices...this would require a DC wif manual controls.

Olympus C-2100uz, 2.1MP, 10x IS zoom ($950)
Olympus C-3020z, 3.3MP, 3x zoom ($850)
Olympus C-2040z, 2.1MP, 3x zoom ($750)
Olympus C-700uz, 2.1MP, 10x zoom ($900)

All use SM card + AA batts. ;)

Thanks.

how cum sm and not cf? juz wondering...

If u're not fussy about getting the latest models, why not go for Olympus C-2100. The price has dropped by half since it's intro in 2000. You can get it for 900+. Its 2MP, 38-380mm lens, takes night shots. My friend bought the latest equivalent, olympus c-700. It sucks bigtime in night shots. Extremely noisy. Its smartmedia based and uses AA batts.

Originally posted by maddog
If u're not fussy about getting the latest models, why not go for Olympus C-2100. The price has dropped by half since it's intro in 2000. You can get it for 900+. Its 2MP, 38-380mm lens, takes night shots. My friend bought the latest equivalent, olympus c-700. It sucks bigtime in night shots. Extremely noisy. Its smartmedia based and uses AA batts.

Noise in long-exposure pix can be greatly reduced by upgarding the firmware version.....F.O.C by Olympus Singapore if within warranty period.

is the Minolta Dimage S404 good? It seems pretty impressive

ZS404A.JPG

is the Minolta Dimage S404 good? It seems pretty impressive

ZS404A.JPG

See the specs urself at http://www.dimage.minolta.com.

The lens thought has 4x optical zoom, is slower than competition at F3.0 and it takes only CF type I.

Maybe u wanna consider other 4.1MP DCs? Such as.....

1) Olympus C-4040z --> 3x optical zoom, 4.1MP, F1.8 lens, SM, fixed LCD, AA batts, NR feature, remote control, IS0 100 ~ 400, and full manual controls

2) Canon PowerShot G2 --> 3x optical zoom, 4.1MP, F2.0 lens, CF Type II, swivel LCD, Li-Ion batt, NR feature, remote control, IS0 50 ~ 400, and full manual controls.

Out of the 2, the Canon is the more popular one wif some handy features, but the Olympus is good too, wif a brighter lens than the Canon.

:)

Minolta's camera takes only CF... So if you wanna use SM, er... can skip them... Hee hee.....

P/S: Me not aniti Minolta lah~ Me personally use Minolta... How can condemn my own wife?

thanks, seems like Minolta is not a good choice, actually if I don't really need printout and even if I print out, I won't print more than 8R, so will 2MPixel be enough?

Heard that if you have a 4MPixel camera and you set it to 2Mpixel and take picture, it will turn out better compared to a camera which max at 2Mpixel. True??

Thats true to a limited extent. Yes, the pictures are marginally better if u do it that way.

However, It would be better to take and save it in the highest resoultion and then downsample it using software.

I'm selling my 2 weeks old Finepix 6800Z with 256 mb of smartmedia n 2 batteries and all thats included in the box for $1100, its in good condition, no dead pixels... its a gift, and i didn't get to use it much. If u're interested, sms me at 98592470.

2100 update firmware?????????? where? can meh? how call them? how to check firmware? mine is starry starry night all the way beyond 4 secs!
PM me leh..

Originally posted by denizenx
2100 update firmware?????????? where? can meh? how call them? how to check firmware? mine is starry starry night all the way beyond 4 secs!
PM me leh..

Call 1800-OLYMPUS.

Gotta bring ur DC down to Oly Sg....F.O.C if within warranty, but payable if not.

Get a EXIF reader program....the program will display all info of the pix.

got my EXIF... what's ur version huh? is it the v352-p73?
aiyo mine just expired

Originally posted by denizenx
got my EXIF... what's ur version huh? is it the v352-p73?
aiyo mine just expired

Same version.

It seems that the upgarded firmware is a modified version of the existing one......so u won't see any change in version no.

aiyo... hmm just call anyway... hehe... but mine is a new cam anyway... the previous one died in snow...

Status
Not open for further replies.