Can someone help me with choosing the right camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChObiTs

Apr 18, 2003
Visit site
Hi ... me a newbie into this ... hope someone can help me out with this.....

I am planning to get myself a 3-4 megapixel digital camera... buget 600...
I wan the camera to be portable.. those that u can carry anywhere n take snapshots... the camera must not lack in features....

Was looking into the Minotla Dimage F200 but dun knw if it fit in to my bugget or not....

Hope some kind soul can help me with this : )

Thanx!

Sorry not F200 is F100... i say on cnet the cheapest price u can get is US 310 plus shipping .. wondering if u can get such price in Singapore....

: )

well am using the minolta F100.
think it is very compact camera 4 mega pixels and is able to produce some good shots. able to use full range the Apeture and shutter controls in manual mode. operation is simple.

it uses 2 AA batteries, so no worries bout running out of power when you are outside shooting. get 3 sets of rechargables and it should be sufficient for all your needs.

only thing is that it uses SD cards, which is almost double the price of a CF card. but prices of SDs have been going down. so shouldn't be bothered by it

as for price, not very sure bout the price.
but according to this website the F300 is going at 800+. so my guess is that you should be able to get the F100 at juz slightly above your budget.

Actually, you have already decide the camera... :D

But if you want my opinion, I would suggest the Canon v3 at a price slightly higher than your budget. And CF storage card is definitely cheaper than SD storage card.

http://reflecx.netfirms.com/cameraprices.html

Just my worthless 2 cents... ;)

Originally posted by ChObiTs
Hi ... me a newbie into this ... hope someone can help me out with this.....

I am planning to get myself a 3-4 megapixel digital camera... buget 600...
I wan the camera to be portable.. those that u can carry anywhere n take snapshots... the camera must not lack in features....

Was looking into the Minotla Dimage F200 but dun knw if it fit in to my bugget or not....

Hope some kind soul can help me with this : )

Thanx!

Hi Guys... Thanx 4 the fast reply : )
Abt the canon V3 is it veri portable... poratbility is my main concern here.... n the picture quality mus have resolution tat could provide a good image quality when developed in kodak shop etc....

As for the Dimage F100 i not sure whether is there any complain out there in the market ... so hoping tat someone can tell me abt it if there ois any....

Lastly anyone know of anyplace where i can get cameras at cheaper price.... or shld i say a better deal : )

Thanx : )

Pardon to ask, what you mean by "... not lack in features..." ? What features are you talking about?

I think somebody in another forums bought a Canon A70 + 256MB + bag @ $608.

Some other concerns

Sony MS: 1mb <=> $1.05
CF: 1MB <=> $0.50

I personally recommend the CF media, MS is seriously too ex. If you're headache over a 3mp 4mp, consider Ixus V3 but sure over $600 unless you get 2nd hand or the new Canon A70 which should just fit your budget.

Originally posted by espn
Pardon to ask, what you mean by "... not lack in features..." ? What features are you talking about?

I think somebody in another forums bought a Canon A70 + 256MB + bag @ $608.

Some other concerns

Sony MS: 1mb <=> $1.05
CF: 1MB <=> $0.50

I personally recommend the CF media, MS is seriously too ex. If you're headache over a 3mp 4mp, consider Ixus V3 but sure over $600 unless you get 2nd hand or the new Canon A70 which should just fit your budget.

Not Lack in feature meaning that shld have appropriate manual control for a newbie .... : )

Yeah i think A70 realli fit the bill.. haha... 3 mega pixel ... jus enough ....

Is there any other recommendation ...

nother thing .. any shop with reall good bargain that u all can kindly recommend.. would be going there to check the price soon ....

btw is the A70 veri heavy ... cose it need 4 battery ... cose my main concern is portability n light weight those u can put in a pouch (or even better pocket of hand around ur neck) so that i can shoot anytime anywhere ... : ) Also it must be atleast 3 mp

But my bugget only 600 max 700 plus at least 128md card ... a little tight i think. Haha

Originally posted by ChObiTs
Yeah i think A70 realli fit the bill.. haha... 3 mega pixel ... jus enough ....

Is there any other recommendation ...

nother thing .. any shop with reall good bargain that u all can kindly recommend.. would be going there to check the price soon ....

btw is the A70 veri heavy ... cose it need 4 battery ... cose my main concern is portability n light weight those u can put in a pouch (or even better pocket of hand around ur neck) so that i can shoot anytime anywhere ... : ) Also it must be atleast 3 mp

But my bugget only 600 max 700 plus at least 128md card ... a little tight i think. Haha

Fairly light weight. Light enough to be hung ard the neck and can be kept in a pouch which in turn, can be attached to your belt and can be takened out very fast. :)

The point is to take reasonably pleasing photos, right? I mean, what is the point of bringing something around that fits in your trousers, but proves to be a disappointment when you bring it back from the photolab?

And my reservations about the "slick and smooth as baby skin" type of camera is that when you are shooting, you need good, firm grip, regardless of sweaty palms.

With the V3, you will need to buy expensive proprietary batteries that will not last as long as 4 pieces of 2100mah Sanyos.

balance portability, feature set, picture quality and price and you will end up with the A70, with extra cards and batteries to spare.

Hey thanx everyone.. think i most prob getting A70 ba... but u all got place where i get get a good bargain ...??? :)

Try to get quotation from Allan Photo (63360922) and Cathay Photo (63374274), then compare the price. Good choice, good luck! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.