Can someone help me take away the black dots in my D80?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johndzite

Jun 15, 2008
I suspect it's both the mirror and the sensor that got dusts on it. I didn't know I'm not suppose to clean the mirror with the cloth for cleaning lens. I hope someone can help and I hope I'm still able to save it.

use a blower and blow the dust of the mirror and sensor. Else send it to service center if your condition is really bad

damn it's pretty bad.

just send it to service centre for profssional cleaning service

do a sensor lock-up via menu then use a blower to blow, make sure at least got 2 bars of battery level.

dirt in the focusing screen/VF must pay money for internal cleaning even if under warranty.

I suspect it's both the mirror and the sensor that got dusts on it. I didn't know I'm not suppose to clean the mirror with the cloth for cleaning lens. I hope someone can help and I hope I'm still able to save it.

Some ppl use hair blower to blow out the dust but I normally use a BIG lens blower to do the job :bsmilie:

Wait wait, can you see the black dots on your images, or just merely thru the viewfinder?

they appear on the photos as well. i did try to use blower to clean the sensor and the mirror. there are like 2 annoying big spots. im afraid it went into the internal part already. ****

they appear on the photos as well. i did try to use blower to clean the sensor and the mirror. there are like 2 annoying big spots. im afraid it went into the internal part already. ****

It can't possibly appear in both the pictures and your viewfinder. You can't look through your viewfinder and see dust that is on your sensor.

Oh... I can see black dots through the viewfinder. And when I upload them onto my laptop it appears to have the same exact blackdots as well.

Oh... I can see black dots through the viewfinder. And when I upload them onto my laptop it appears to have the same exact blackdots as well.

What you see in your viewfinder does not appear in your images, unless it is coincidental that your sensor has dust at the same spots. You need to understand how your SLR's mirror box, viewfinder and sensor all work for you to get this concept.

If you really see dots in your images, that is sensor dust and you need to deal with it separately from viewfinder dust.

Usually, people don't care about viewfinder dust because the focus screen is notoriously hard to remove and easy to scratch/damage in the process, and besides, viewfinder dust does not appear in images.

Sensor dust needs to be cleaned up by finding a sensor clean function in your D80's menu that will lock up the mirror and open the shutter for you to use a blower to clear that dust out. Do not use bulb mode as the sensor will be charged, thus attracting more dust.

ok. i found out that the spots in the image are actually dots on my wall lol. means that those dots are from my viewfinder. Sorry sorry. so embarassed.

Do you think warranty will cover the cleaning of viewfinder if i go to NSC? Hmmm... it's quite irritating and i was like keep blowing my sensor and mirror like hell yesterday. I feel so stupid but at least i learn something new and that is why newbies corner for i think. hahaha

ok. i found out that the spots in the image are actually dots on my wall lol. means that those dots are from my viewfinder. Sorry sorry. so embarassed.

Do you think warranty will cover the cleaning of viewfinder if i go to NSC? Hmmm... it's quite irritating and i was like keep blowing my sensor and mirror like hell yesterday. I feel so stupid but at least i learn something new and that is why newbies corner for i think. hahaha

Honestly, don't bother with dust in the viewfinder. Clean it and it'll be back again some day. Just bear with it.

As for sensor dust, if it's stubborn and persists, send it to NSC for cleaning. It should be covered under warranty.

yeah sensor cleaning at NSC is $27bucks if im not wrong, and as for view finder dust.... not a big deal. i got a few specks inside but doesnt matter.

okok. im not going to clean the viewfinder for now until it gets my blood boiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.