Can someone help me clear something about tripod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenpek92

May 9, 2009
I have a Canon Xti Rebel and im looking for a decent tripod for less than 50$

I been looking at this one
http://www.amazon.com/Sunpak-620-060...1838240&sr=1-6

My question is that I look at the picture of the mount top. I see a screw which I understand is 1/4 20 which is the same one for my Canon XTi. But what is that small black screw? I don't think with that being there I will be able to mount my camera there at all. My camera only have 1 hole for that small metal screw but not for the small black plastic one. Please advise. Thanx

Tripod comes with a tripod release plate, which is fix onto the base of your camera. U only need 1 hole under the base of your camera. The release plate, together with your camera, is then mounted onto the tripod, mostly lever operated.

So for this specific tripod, the mount with the metal screw come off from the top? If it does then I can screw it in my camera. The black screw stay on top of the mount seperate from the top that come off with the metal screw?

no, you take out the black screw.
The black screw is specifically for video cameras, those come with two holes in the bottom to prevent them from moving on the plate.

The second screw can normally be taken out of the tripod plate, so don't worry about that.

You might want to reconsider your overall decision though: cheap tripods tend to be wobbly and more difficult to use than the ones from established brands like Manfrotto.
I used to have a cheap one and with every breeze I was afraid the whole thing would fall over (including my expensive DSLR....). I ended up upgrading to a Manfrotto.

i agree, i'd suggest u get a better tripod. i bought a 30dollar tripod, and now im struggling with it. cos they tend
to get shaky after a few months using it. if you use those heavy lenses, u wont have it straight, your picture will tend to look slanted.
which is damn troublesome u have to always straighten it using PS. thats for me lah, dunno abt others. haha.

so i'd suggest u get a better tripod. say the fancier tht cost 88 or 78? not really sure. theyre avail at the mass sale thread.

:)

I have a Canon Xti Rebel and im looking for a decent tripod for less than 50$

I been looking at this one
http://www.amazon.com/Sunpak-620-060...1838240&sr=1-6

My question is that I look at the picture of the mount top. I see a screw which I understand is 1/4 20 which is the same one for my Canon XTi. But what is that small black screw? I don't think with that being there I will be able to mount my camera there at all. My camera only have 1 hole for that small metal screw but not for the small black plastic one. Please advise. Thanx
save up longer, get something around $100, anything below that range is usually rickety, and gives way, you end up buying more in the same period, and wasting money.

save up longer, get something around $100, anything below that range is usually rickety, and gives way, you end up buying more in the same period, and wasting money.

I agree with Nightmare, no point buying something cheap only to have it fall over or break down in use and it may just result in a big loss in your gear. :sweat:

Be prepared to spend more for a tripod and make it a one-off (or at least a long lasting) purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.