Can recommend a bag please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSeet

Mar 11, 2003
North East
www.kelvinseet.com
I have an Olympus E510 with two lenses and a FL-50 flash. I'm trying to find a bag that can fit these items with the usual accessories like batteries and memory cards etc. I also travel a lot so I hope to get a bag that can fit into a cabin bag on an aircraft.

Any recommendations please?

Thanks!

i'm using crumpler 6 million. quite good and has removable compartments inside. and it doesn't look like a camera bag at all, so less risk of attracting thieves.

You can take a look at the Crumpler's Million Dollar series, or you can pop down to Cathay Photo to check out their selection of bags like Lowepro. Bring along all your gears to test the size if you are not sure.

would you like a backpack or a shoulder bag?
if backpack i will reccommend my all time favourite, Crumpler Customary barge
i suggest what kelccm suggest, go down to the shops and try them out

THanks for the suggestions! I'm looking for a bag that is easy to access while on the move. Budget wise, as long as its a fair price, I'm ok.

I actually need to get another bag to carry my laptop and its accessories too, to travel around and to be able to fit in an aircraft. Something with wheels. I was thinking of the Rolling Computrekker Plus AW by Lowepro but I heard its a damn big bag and may not fit in. Are there any alternatives?

okie tomorrow i'll go down to the various shops that sell camera bags and take a look! By the way, does Mustafa stock anything?

Thanks!

THanks for the suggestions! I'm looking for a bag that is easy to access while on the move. Budget wise, as long as its a fair price, I'm ok.

I actually need to get another bag to carry my laptop and its accessories too, to travel around and to be able to fit in an aircraft. Something with wheels. I was thinking of the Rolling Computrekker Plus AW by Lowepro but I heard its a damn big bag and may not fit in. Are there any alternatives?

okie tomorrow i'll go down to the various shops that sell camera bags and take a look! By the way, does Mustafa stock anything?

Thanks!

If you need a roller, the Think Tank Airport International or Airport Security may fit your bill and they are reputed to fit all international carry-on sizes. They look like standard luggages and seem to have better-built wheels. Security cables are also built-in for securing the roller to posts, seats etc.

If you need fast access to items, you may wish to consider a beltpack or belt system. The belpack/belt system are comfortable and does not strain your shoulder like shoulder bags do and you can access the items easily by shifting the modules or swinging the belt/beltpack around. Tamrac, Lowepro and Think Tank have belt system.

FYI, Think Tank products are only available at TK.

Think Tank UD 50/60 can take your laptop plus all your photographing equipment, its a very nice bag :lovegrin:

Think Tank UD 50/60 can take your laptop plus all your photographing equipment, its a very nice bag :lovegrin:

Not to forget that it can also function as a backpack with the addition of the backpack harness.

Does anyone know which shop here sells the Think Tank? Checked out the web but seems llike no distributor here...

I'm looking for a Think Tank bag that can store a small tripod as well. Anyone knows any model? tnx.

If you need a roller, the Think Tank Airport International or Airport Security may fit your bill and they are reputed to fit all international carry-on sizes. They look like standard luggages and seem to have better-built wheels. Security cables are also built-in for securing the roller to posts, seats etc.

If you need fast access to items, you may wish to consider a beltpack or belt system. The belpack/belt system are comfortable and does not strain your shoulder like shoulder bags do and you can access the items easily by shifting the modules or swinging the belt/beltpack around. Tamrac, Lowepro and Think Tank have belt system.

FYI, Think Tank products are only available at TK.
TK is the answer ....

Does anyone know which shop here sells the Think Tank? Checked out the web but seems llike no distributor here...

I'm looking for a Think Tank bag that can store a small tripod as well. Anyone knows any model? tnx.

You will need to check the dimension of your tripod and backpacks like Rotation 360 and Glass Taxi can attach tripod. Think Tank actually has tripod bags but TK is not bringing them in due to possible slow sales and some design issues.

hmm...sorry but what's the full name of TK? i'm not very sure..

Thanks for the suggestions! :)

TK Foto Technic
#02-45 Shaw Towers

oh okie! thanks! :)

for e510/ 2 lens n fl50...try kata DR467 when u go TK..ii can put in a 17" lappy too..the camera compartment can store ZD50-200mm .

You will never go wrong with the Think Tank bags, it looks just like any laptop/document bag so you can bring it to the office without people knowing that you have camera Equipment inside. It is also very slim, therefore very low profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.