Can Recommend a 3MP cam???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by shuy
looking for 1 that is mid-range, thanks!

This is a fairly wide range, and many brands jostle for sales in this range.

Most importantly are your budget, and your shooting needs. If you have about 1000-1200 to bomb away, you could go for the 602Z, plus accessories like batteries, charger, tripod and external flash. At that range, you can actually get a very good 4MP camera (e.g. Canon G3), but fork out a little extra for accessories.

But you get fast AF, good images, wide range of functions, big zoom, good battery life.

If you are a casual, birthday/parties family point and shoot type, with budget of about 500-600, then the Canon A40 is a very good choice. Uses AA batteries, camera can be had at 390, throw in 12 AA batteries and fast charger for about 70, a tripod for about 30, and extra 128MB memory card for about 75. total package: under 600.

But this is a 2MP camera. So if you decide to print mostly 4-5R, then it will more than meet your needs.

Of course there are 1000 + cameras out there, but these are the 2 I have used.
:)

The Mega Pixels on a camera depend on what you want to do with the images. If you are only printing up to 4R size or even A4, a 3MP is more than sufficient. My 2.6MP Canon Pro90 produces very high quality A4 prints on a 2880 dpi Epson Photo printer.

It's a waste of disk space and money to buy a 5.0MP compact camera that does not have a lens to match.

I have seen image taken on the 1st generation of digital EOS1. Only 1.3MP but the quality is very good. Some shots from a 5.0MP Sony look horrible.

I have a 6.3MP camera but most of the time, I select the smaller image size. A raw image will need over 7.0Mb of space.

A large MP needs a good printer and lens to match. Remember the weakest link!

If u want more manual camera with more settings to play, the Fuji 602 is a very good camera to grow with.

On the other hand, if u just want a P&S, I would recomend u the Ixus V3.

Cheers! HAppy Shooting!

yeah, the cameras u guys have mentioned are great... but i too poor lah :)

any value buys for around 600-700?

where can i find the canon A40 now? i tried lucky plaza but they all said it's out of stock, and recommended the Nikon 775 or 885

is 2MP enuff for A4 size pics? the general opinion seems to be no, but a few actually dispute that claim...

yeah, the cameras u guys have mentioned are great... but i too poor lah :)

any value buys for around 600-700?

where can i find the canon A40 now? i tried lucky plaza but they all said it's out of stock, and recommended the Nikon 775 or 885

is 2MP enuff for A4 size pics? the general opinion seems to be no, but a few actually dispute that claim...

Then you should've stated ur budget mah....
Anyway, u can try PM Giantnookie, i heard he wanna let go of his A40 after getting it for 2 weeks.

Originally posted by roon2c

Then you should've stated ur budget mah....
Anyway, u can try PM Giantnookie, i heard he wanna let go of his A40 after getting it for 2 weeks.

but i seriously doubt if you could print A4 size with the A40. It is more than sufficient for 4-5R, but i think beyond, it will be tough.

just got the Fuji 304, seemed like a gd bargain at 630 wif sanyo charger n 4 2100 batts. any comments on that?

just got the Fuji 304, seemed like a gd bargain at 630 wif sanyo charger n 4 2100 batts. any comments on that?

eh, buy already, so forget about asking if it is a good buy, start shooting and learning..Let the Fun begin !!!

And welcome to the Fuji family!!

Introducing a couple of folks to you: Wolfgang and Mpenza who are the official ring-bearers in the Fuji fellowship.:D

(what's that all about??)

Status
Not open for further replies.