Can PS save this Purplish Picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfatfish

Jan 13, 2004
Hi Clubsnappers,

I have a picture that was taken under purple light ( my folly...didnt adjust the White Balance) , now the entire picture looks too purplish to me.

Is there a way to correct it such that it looks like natural colors under white light? Or any where closer to that?

You can see the picture here. ;)

PURPLISH PICTURE

Woot that's mighty purple...well photoshop can help to a certain limit...just try to get the best result with the colour balance....drop the blues...i think...or u can go to selective colour and try your luck there.... =p

apart from the face, everything else is of about the same color in different hues and shades. to really go all out and save this shot depends on whats in it for you...
your best bet is to convert it to monochrome...

i tried... :bsmilie: ...and failed

blue.jpg

Next time, set ur camera to RAW format, the white balance for RAW images can be adjusted using Photoshop CS.

can try make it more purple thou :think:

30292701.jpg

Sorry that's my best... :D

My attempt.. This is really tough. Turning it to b&w is a good idea. :embrass:

SolvePurple.jpg

wow. thanks to everyone who helped to edit this for me. :D i am touched man :embrass: :D

anyway, tokrot and tky :what did you all do to acheive that colors?

THanks

bigfatfish said:
wow. thanks to everyone who helped to edit this for me. :D i am touched man :embrass: :D

anyway, tokrot and tky :what did you all do to acheive that colors?

THanks

Run PS and Go to Image->Adjustment->Match Color-> Click on Neutralize

Here's my older thread on white balance ;)

another try.... :)

30298449.jpg

Here's a quick try..
PurplishCast.sized.jpg

Image->Adjustment->Match Color-> Click on Neutralize
Use curves (Ctrl-M)
Bump up Green Channel & Pull down Blue Channel...

Tried this 'correcting by numbers' method. Skin tone is high on Red, then Green and blue slightly lower than Green.

Try opening up a properly white balanced image of a person with the same skin tone. Read the information palette while moving mouse over skin area and you can see the RGB values changing. What you have to do is to figure out which colour is too high/too low in relation to each other and pull that curve up or down.

I didn't have any specific methods. I did a process similar to what willyfoo described. Then tweak further with curve to bring down the purple, push up the red to bring up the skin tone a little. Hope it helps.

Cheers!

How's this?

deeppurple.jpg

Photoshop has a built-in filter called "Depurple" (Filters > Artistic > Streetshooter > Depurple) which will do just what you need.

Please don't confuse this with the DeepPurple filter which will do just the opposite.

By the way, it would help if you could tell me the original colour of his Tshirt.

StreetShooter said:
How's this?

deeppurple.jpg

Photoshop has a built-in filter called "Depurple" (Filters > Artistic > Streetshooter > Depurple) which will do just what you need.

Please don't confuse this with the DeepPurple filter which will do just the opposite.

By the way, it would help if you could tell me the original colour of his Tshirt.
dude...i think you r having a third party plug-in?! PS CS?

StreetShooter said:
How's this?

deeppurple.jpg

wow! which version of PS is this? I dont have depurple. anyway it was a brown shirt and the soundproofing materials on the wall behind him was greyish. drumset was black and chrome. Johan is abit more tan. :D is that possible?

StreetShooter said:
All you need are the proper parameters for the Depurple function.

purplebrown.jpg

Wanna make Johan a blue-eyed blonde? :p

hey, these are the closest colours to the real thing!
no...Johan is true blue asian, so no need the angmoh "plug-in". :D

How did you manage to do that. Dont mind can tell me the version or plug-in for PS ? and the parameters you set?

Status
Not open for further replies.