Can pre-order Leopard now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pre-ordered about 10 days back...waiting impatiently. 17+ hours to go ;p

The local shops will be releasing stock at 6pm. :D

Getting mine next month :)

im still on panther..

anyone going for the party at ishop?

For those here who are getting. Do share your personal experiences after installing the new animal on your computer. Thanks!

Definitely better than Vista.

I made a pre-order with amazon.com for a discount of US$20. I won't use it until there are several patches, but it won't be that cheap then.

I've seen some disturbing signs of software incompatibilities, so if you have something special that needs to work, make certain it works before you upgrade.

i've been playing with it for solid 11 hours :D.
it's good..very good indeed.
safari is snappier,stacks is working as expected..
i notice few bugs though.. there's something funny with iTunes, when i zoomed in and out, it turns white for a while unless i click on it. however after few hours..it's gone :think:
DVD player is much better than previous one. few users said that mail.app is faster but i havent tried it myself though.
finder is good, quick look and cover flow is working well as advertised.
i have the feeling that leopard is faster than tiger, or maybe it's just because i did a clean install

overall, much better feeling than installing vista.;)

yeah...VLC doesn't work well.a glitch when playing full screen and then back to normal view.
icon placement seems to be messed up..not sure whether it's a bug or maybe it's just me doesn't know how to use it ;p

newer software should work quite well. i've installed 80% of my previous third party apps, and haven't found major glitches.

however, in any system upgrades... always and always back-up important data.

I made a pre-order with amazon.com for a discount of US$20. I won't use it until there are several patches, but it won't be that cheap then.

I've seen some disturbing signs of software incompatibilities, so if you have something special that needs to work, make certain it works before you upgrade.

I quite scare of installing as got lots of stuff in my comp now. Data is backup-able. But dunno how to backup configurations.

you can either use archive and install option or upgrade OS option.
archive and install will copy the old system into a archive folder and install fresh copy of leopard. this will also retain third party apps and system configurations. however, lots of space is needed for this one.
upgrade will copy new files needed for leopard and replace old files with new ones and also retains apps and settings.

you can google it..there are tons of discussions of which option is the best.

I quite scare of installing as got lots of stuff in my comp now. Data is backup-able. But dunno how to backup configurations.

you can either use archive and install option or upgrade OS option.
archive and install will copy the old system into a archive folder and install fresh copy of leopard. this will also retain third party apps and system configurations. however, lots of space is needed for this one.
upgrade will copy new files needed for leopard and replace old files with new ones and also retains apps and settings.

you can google it..there are tons of discussions of which option is the best.

So if the install failed half-way for whatever reasons, I can roll out?

Status
Not open for further replies.