Can photoshop automate this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

windwaver

May 19, 2007
Europa
windwaver.tripod.com
Just want to confirm before I buy photoshop. Can it open a bunch of raw files, do a standard set of optimization and export it as jpgs?

Simple automation is possible but I'm not sure if this works.

when u open raw, it uses ACR right? unless u convert them to jpeg first then run action on them. otherwise u can open the raw files in ACR, run a customised setting on them and save as jpeg. max files to open is 100 for cs3.

Just want to confirm before I buy photoshop. Can it open a bunch of raw files, do a standard set of optimization and export it as jpgs?

Not that I know of, can't find the the raw conversion box in the automation script... It seems to work like a separate program.

Try download the lightroom2.3 and test it up ..... but I am not sure what kind of
"optimization" is needed .... maybe can/not. :confused:

Yes, you can. CS4 - do the same adjustments (eg fill in light, clarity, etc) to a whole bunch of photos, and have them all be converted to jpg at one go.

you can download a trial vision of CS4 first, try it out if you happy with it then purchase the activation code.

get the student or teacher special priced version at S$99. Add $8 for postage.

why not just shoot raw + jpg......

fyi, lightroom can do this automation

is this the same as "Image Processor" in CS4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.