Can Pentax K-x support old tamron lense?

emilehusky

Jun 3, 2010
Hi, I am new here.

I have a old pentax flim slr MZ50 with tamron 28-200mm lense. I am thinking of buying a dslr and do not want to waste the tamron lense. So anyone know can this old tamron lense be use with the pentax k-x? Thanks. :)

Thanks for the info. Then i will get the tamron K-x then :)

Btw may I know where to get the M42 mount adapter to pentax and usually how much it cost?

Btw may I know where to get the M42 mount adapter to pentax and usually how much it cost?

You can get it from ebay from $10 ++ or if you need it urgently then i know alex photo in peninsular has some but around $40 (bargained):sweatsm: Do note these are 3rd party ones.

Not sure how to get original one except from japan or maybe sometimes on ebay

TS...

1<---------Lens

2 or more<---------Lenses

No such word as lense:nono:

You can get it from ebay from $10 ++ or if you need it urgently then i know alex photo in peninsular has some but around $40 (bargained):sweatsm: Do note these are 3rd party ones.

Not sure how to get original one except from japan or maybe sometimes on ebay

So I only need the mount adapter to fix those SMC lenses right?

umm smc a/k/m lenses will mount on current pentax bodies (k-mount) with no problem .

Unless you have M42 screwmount lenses (can clearly see the screw threads which is the mount) then you need the M42-pentax k-mount adapter which i quoted above

umm smc a/k/m lenses will mount on current pentax bodies (k-mount) with no problem .

Unless you have M42 screwmount lenses (can clearly see the screw threads which is the mount) then you need the M42-pentax k-mount adapter which i quoted above

Ohh. so u mean pentax A/K/M doesnt need the mount adapter. what about other brands like takumar all this?

Ohh. so u mean pentax A/K/M doesnt need the mount adapter. what about other brands like takumar all this?

There are some takumars with k-mount but mostly are m42 screw mount lenses which will need the adapter .

Just see the mount whether is screw or bayonet (quite easy to tell imo) if its bayonet and from pentax most likely its will mount with no problem albeit may no have all function available.