Can Metz 32z1 be used in Nikon D100??

Status
Not open for further replies.

modenaslim

Mar 2, 2003
Yishun Broadway KopiDiam
Visit site
haha.. i know that I'm asking a stupid question..
coz now I need to take something like a D&D show in Zouk..
my Fuji 602z is not reliable especially in low light condition.. (exactly the samething when i was using my 2800z last time)..
I see nothing in the viewfinder and the LCD screen.. camera not able to focus. some times the light is okie.... but always got AF! ... so i think better not to use my camera lor..

That's why i wonder can Metz 32z1 be used in D100 or not?. coz my fren who juz bought a D100 willing to lend me on that night...

Can anyone give advise??

guo hui :cry:

Yes, it should work. In any case, if it gives you any assurance, I've used the Metz32z-1 on a Nikon F100 before.

If I'm not wrong, the internal speedlight will also fire when the flash fires.

The metz32-1 flash can be used with the Nikon cameras because they have the exact hotshoe mount as with Nikon Flashes.

Hope this helps.

I'm not sure if the Metz would work, because the D100 requires DX flashes. Normal Nikon flashes will not work well with the D100. My Sigma flash which works on the F80 will not work with the D100. So if it works on the f100, doesnt mean much. I'm not sure if it works, just cautioning you. DO find out.

No TTL on the D100 though.

Unless it's a 32Z-2 with a SCA adapator for Nikon Shoe.

Originally posted by marcwang
I'm not sure if the Metz would work, because the D100 requires DX flashes. Normal Nikon flashes will not work well with the D100. My Sigma flash which works on the F80 will not work with the D100. So if it works on the f100, doesnt mean much. I'm not sure if it works, just cautioning you. DO find out.

My reference to the F100 was in the context of the triggering voltage. Additionally, I read that the D100 has a standard Nikon hotshoe - which accepts other speedlights, albeit without TTL support.

Besides, the 32z-1 only has auto modes (and a manual mode).

AFAIK, the issue of D100 not being able to take non-DX flashes is due to the differing exposure sensitivities between film and a ccd sensor. Thus, the user might have to manually compensate on his part.

Originally posted by marcwang

DX flash is only required for TTL. Other flash could be used in auto or manual modes.

Originally posted by mpenza
DX flash is only required for TTL. Other flash could be used in auto or manual modes.

when you mention DX flash, thats referring to Nikon flash guns right? so correct. you only lose TTL when using non DX Nikon flash guns. but what about other brands? Hard to say man. may lose more functions than just TTL.

Originally posted by showtime
when you mention DX flash, thats referring to Nikon flash guns right? so correct. you only lose TTL when using non DX Nikon flash guns. but what about other brands? Hard to say man. may lose more functions than just TTL.

In the context of this thread, it doesn't really matter because the 32z-1 is just a simple flash gun with only auto and manual modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.