Can Manfrotto tripod legs be fitted with a Slik head?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelongcj

Nov 19, 2008
Just got a (used) Manfrotto 055C, found that the 115 pan tilt head isn't the kind of head I'm looking for (a basic pan tilt head with a long handle like those used for videocams).

A new Manfrotto head of this kind is not within my budget, haven't seen a WTS of this sort of head on the forum in quite some time. So, I was thinking of something cheaper.

Would it be possible to use a Slik head on the legs?

Thanks.

Michael

as long the screw thread fits.

I guess people usually wouldn't sell off a good quality tripod head unless they have already upgraded to something even better, or they need the $.
So, finding one in the personal classifieds might be a bit tough.
The screw thread SHOULD be standard (can't confirm this). Do remember to consider the head's load capacity, especially if you intend to purchase new fast lenses (heavy) and/or external flashes, battery grip etc.

I was just asking if the mechanism to attach the head is the same for both Slik and Manfrotto. Didn't phrase my question properly, sorry.

My load is 2.5 kg maximum (including 10% safety margin) for the time being.

I'm currently not using a DSLR (no $$) and have no plans to do so (not till the recession tides out at least lol). So no lenses, grips, microphones or other bells & whistles for the time being. In fact my max load is now only at 800g lol.......

Thanks all!
Michael

The mechanism should be the same, by screw.
However, you have to check the size of the attaching screw.
Had a Slik head which had the smaller screw size compared to most tripods. But then again they sell adaptors... So you should ne able to fit a slik head to a manfrotto tripod.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.