Can Lowepro Micro Trekker 200 Hold a Around 2.5KG Tripod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donchua

Nov 30, 2004
Tampines
Think I did saw a thread stating that tripod can be strapped to the
Micro Trekker 200 on the side or something.
From the site HERE , it only stated removable bottom straps take a small tripod.
Was thinking whether it can hold a around 2.5KG tripod on side or bottom.
Anybody own the bag can advise?
Thanks.

icarus

Jan 27, 2002
East
Yo Don, the Micro Trekker can hold a 2.5kg tripod, but its not gonna be secure... It will wobble alot and eventually slip off your bag.

I tested the Lowepro's tripod holder on my Mini-trekker with my Manfrotto 055Prob/322RC2 head (about 2.5 kg), i have to use the SAF green belt to secure the tripod to my bag to prevent wobbling... :think:

donchua

Nov 30, 2004
Tampines
icarus said:
Yo Don, the Micro Trekker can hold a 2.5kg tripod, but its not gonna be secure... It will wobble alot and eventually slip off your bag.

I tested the Lowepro's tripod holder on my Mini-trekker with my Manfrotto 055Prob/322RC2 head (about 2.5 kg), i have to use the SAF green belt to secure the tripod to my bag to prevent wobbling... :think:
So if I used extra strap to secure the 2.5kg (Manfrotto 190PROB & 486RC2)
on the Micro Trekker 200, shouldn't be a problem right?
Well, I might just sling the tripod, just wanna know it can hold only.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
It will be very tiring to walk with tripod strap on the bag, especially if the bag is small & tripod is long. The tripod is going to bounce & hit against the bag non stop, making walking very difficult for photog. I tried 2x with 055 on mini trekker.

Just bought nature trekker, yet to try this combi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom