Can iPhone really take over the job of DSLR one day?

OoStarDustoO

Jun 22, 2010
Singapore
Photographer shoots entire wedding using iPhone 4

http://www.digitalone.com.sg/features/article/14437

14437.jpg

USA - A wedding photographer and a wedding videographer believe that they are the first pair to shoot an entire wedding using only the iPhone 4.

Videographer Rainer Flor got married in November 2010 and offered his wedding for the experimental shoot.

Professional photographer Brian Adams used two iPhones to shoot the wedding, and added different accessories to make the photos look different.

Adams also had an assistant to help with lighting subjects.

Describing his experiment to website iphoneshooters.com, he said: "We proved that the iPhone technology is advanced enough to handle an event like a wedding, and simple enough that it doesn’t take a lot of experience or extra equipment to shoot high-quality video and pictures,"

"The user still has to have some creativity and a good eye, but this gives them a great tool."

Using an iPhone for the shoot also had certain advantages. Adams said that the phones were small, so the guests at the beach wedding felt that the photographers were not an intrusion at the ceremony.

Already discussed to death....

NO. Besides, why is everyone only discussing this with the advent of the iPhone? Other phones have been out longer that have FAR better picture and video quality.

I think it's because the americans are very poor in terms of mobile technology - they think only the iPhone is a smartphone, even if it's actually really late to the game.

that's America for you. with marketing they can make many things far better than what they really are.

i hope someone dun give the photographer a call when he is on his job with his iphone else he may miss some moments:p

Load the iPhone photos onto a big screen then you will see the difference.
Such a small size photo can't really see the flaw. Not talking about the composition and artistic element here but the resolution, sharpness, exposure and details captured that need to deliver to the clients for large screen viewing and printout. But if the client really can't see the difference, then it's good for you that you can save big bucks purchasing the expensive DSLR gears while doing your business.

Already discussed to death....

NO. Besides, why is everyone only discussing this with the advent of the iPhone? Other phones have been out longer that have FAR better picture and video quality.

I think it's because the americans are very poor in terms of mobile technology - they think only the iPhone is a smartphone, even if it's actually really late to the game.

Actually i would say is a NO for now. U never know and don't be surprise if it did.

See how an iphone manage to take over a role of a band instead of using the actual instrument.

Plus, generally low standards for wedding photography that I've seen there...

Yawn... guess the only thing it can't do is make your sex life better...
Or can it? :lovegrin:

let me rephrase the question then, would anyone like to record your own wedding with iphones?

put on vibration mode?

When it first came out, dateless geeks paid up to 2k for one... Because if they whipped it out in the bars, every XMM would flock to them to see it and they would be "so cool". so for a while, it actually did!!!

let me rephrase the question then, would anyone like to record your own wedding with iphones?

If it's my wedding, and the hired photog/vidoegrapher uses an iPhone, I'm firing him/her on the spot.

apple is thinking to upgrade iphone so that it can mount L lens...

apple is thinking to upgrade iphone so that it can mount L lens...

LOL

If anything, Apple will make it's own lenses, call it the iLens and use Steve jobs to brainwash everyone into thinking Apple lenses are the best in the world, and will include features like "Reality Zoom" (same as normal optical zoom) or "Clearcoat" (same lens coatings everyone else has....).

But everyone will flock to it and marvel at how much sharper their pictures are (even if there's no difference).

The only way an iPhone will mount an L lens is if Apple buys Canon and rebrands it. No more L lens, it will be "A Lens".

i just attended a wedding last saturday, and boy, were the iPhone users out with their "gear" and in some instances blocking the photographers.

for fun cool in-camera effects and fast uploading to social media sites with low-res viewing, yea the iPhone's pretty fun.

but if you're gonna do up a wedding album. HECK NO.

The only way an iPhone will mount an L lens is if Apple buys Canon and rebrands it. No more L lens, it will be "A Lens".

people will screw up their english that way...

"hey! i just got a "A Lens" today."

"Hey! i got an Ah Lians today" funny how it sounds like Ah Lian

LOL

If anything, Apple will make it's own lenses, call it the iLens and use Steve jobs to brainwash everyone into thinking Apple lenses are the best in the world, and will include features like "Reality Zoom" (same as normal optical zoom) or "Clearcoat" (same lens coatings everyone else has....).

But everyone will flock to it and marvel at how much sharper their pictures are (even if there's no difference).

yes it makes sense.. then they will try to make apple strobes also... then apple screen calibrator... apple filters...

u will see a surge of new photographers never before seen. suddenly noise of shutter clicking becomes a major source of noise pollution that gahmen need to discuss in parliament... but some MPs will be biased.. bcos they using ipod... some use iphones...

;p

Publicity stunt.

people will screw up their english that way...

"hey! i just got a "A Lens" today."

"Hey! i got an Ah Lians today" funny how it sounds like Ah Lian

Then we can immediately answer the inevitable CS n00b question...

"What lens to use to shoot Ah Lians?"

My immediate answer the initial question (as soon as I saw the topic) was a big "NO!"

And my answer to this question is "Absolutely not!"

Well, I used my iPhone... took a groom's eye pic of my bride walking down the aisle to where I was (and posted it on facebook) while everyone was looking at her. But I wouldn't have been happy if the photographer we hired had also used an iPhone.