Can I use this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyan

Jan 5, 2005
PR
Hi all,

can I use the AF 28-200mm f3.5-5.6G IF-ED lens for my D50 or must I use the DX version, AF-S DX 55-200mm f/4-5.6 G IF-ED?

What is the differences?

u can use both lenses on ur D50 whichever way u like. DX lenses are made for the so-called 'smaller sensors' that the DSLRs from Nikon and FujiFilm made.

the differences besides the obvious range they offer...

one can be used on film bodies, the other only a certain range.
if i'm not wrong, the 28-200 is much more $$ and it has no AF-S motor.

not too sure of the AF speed for these 2 lenses nor how sharp they are when pitted against one another.

Eh... anyone tried both and have some comments?

as chessecake said - both also can (without going into too many details).

have not really used either so cannot comment on quality of the build or optics of these lenses. but if you're looking for a "all-in-1" lense, e.g. if you were to only bring 1 lense on a trip, i suspect that the 55-200 would not be wide enough for you.

if you are looking for the 18-200 range, but find that nikon one too ex, you can consider the sigma or tamron ones instead, at half the price... not advocating here, just offering options.

Cheesecake said:
funny. remember u asking abt the 18-200 and comparing the various 55-200.

u're looking for a tele-lens or a all-in-one?
wat do u actually like to shoot first?

Heehee...

I asked about the 18-200mm because it seems like a lot of people in the forum would like to get their hands on it... so want to find out whether are they also interested in 3rd party lens.

I would like to get a AIO lens, but cannot afford Nikon AIO len, so, I asked about the 55-200mm and 28-200mm lor....

To be frank, I have not found out what I like to shoot for the time being, just shoot and try to figure out....

Sorry if my postings are starting to irritate some... wasn't my intention. :embrass:

erm.. i got the 55-200 one. so far the day pics turn out quite ok. Haven really fully tested them at nite time thou. i would prefer the nikon 18-200mm one but haiz.. S-11 vitamin too difficult to digest..:sweat:

kevyan said:
Heehee...

I asked about the 18-200mm because it seems like a lot of people in the forum would like to get their hands on it... so want to find out whether are they also interested in 3rd party lens.

I would like to get a AIO lens, but cannot afford Nikon AIO len, so, I asked about the 55-200mm and 28-200mm lor....

To be frank, I have not found out what I like to shoot for the time being, just shoot and try to figure out....

Sorry if my postings are starting to irritate some... wasn't my intention. :embrass:
save up ur $$ and buy the 18-200VR la. its only ur hobby, right? and u've only recently found a job, y be so hard on urself? save up the extras and make do with what u haf.

Status
Not open for further replies.