Can I use these in Singapore?

phoakm

Dec 15, 2003
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.flickr.com
I had been experimenting using LED lights as my second light source for my portraits shoot. I came across these two products and would like to try it for creative lightings. Are they allowed to use in Singapore? :think:

Pelican 9430IR

Pelican 9500

I intended to use it for Terminator theme concept in the Long Kang.

Last edited:
Should be can, but dunno whether they got sell.

Danger wor..............:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

WARNING: This product emits a slight red glow in darkness and should be tested for suitability before deployment. Avoid eye or skin exposure to activated beam. Do not stand in front of or stare into activated beam.

Danger wor..............:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

WARNING: This product emits a slight red glow in darkness and should be tested for suitability before deployment. Avoid eye or skin exposure to activated beam. Do not stand in front of or stare into activated beam.

:think: ... Thanks for the notice.
I think should get the normal verison without IR. Or maybe the army or police can borrow from me for special ops. :bsmilie:

Yea this is what I made the reference to: humans exposed to unholy doses of radiation

844463-496px_fallout3glowingone02_super.jpg

For broad area lighting at nite, I think the ARRI series might have models that suits your need. Saw them using to light up the whole CHIJMES.

Saw the product. May not be practical for on location shoot. :think:

You're right, unable to recharge, and needs a generator to power.

Recently, saw it in use again at the Cavenagh bridge, someone was there doing some nite shoot. But the power it produce is many times of this Pelican. As you wanted to use for broad lighting during the nite, the Pelican seems not powerful enough as can be seen they need many units inside the camp.

Last edited:
You're right, unable to recharge, and needs a generator to power.

Recently, saw it in use again at the Cavenagh bridge, someone was there doing some nite shoot. But the power it produce is many times of this Pelican. As you wanted to use for broad lighting during the nite, the Pelican seems not powerful enough as can be seen they need many units inside the camp.

I see. :think:

Nothing beats redheads or even construction floodlights like 1000W halogens for lighting up an entire area.

Just get a portable generator. :)

Seriously.

Nothing beats redheads or even construction floodlights like 1000W halogens for lighting up an entire area.

Just get a portable generator. :)

Seriously.

I have to justify the usage of the portable generator. My budget must be less than $1k. I do consider getting the Tronix Explorer XT "SE" as my portable electric generator and get a couple of flouresent lightings. The only issue is how long will it last? My shoot normally last around 3-4hours. Will it last that long based on on - off usage?

Btw may need extra hands to carry the stuff around.