Can i use Spyder3 Pro in calibrating more than 10 monitors?

Urfantasyguy

Nov 20, 2010
Hi guys, is there any limitation in using the Spyder3 Pro...let say I have more than 10 monitors in an internet / computer shop and i want to calibrate it every 2 months...is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

What does the fine print say? It's rather a legal question, not a technical one.

On the box it says "calibrate all your monitors...."

can,

the whole kampong can share one calibrating device if you want to.

the whole kampong... wait kampongs have monitors? o.o

check the legal thingy. if the software says its 1 pc only, legally no.
but this is singapore. do and dun get caught.

The marketing on the product manuals and packaging did say that you "can calibrate multiple machines"...

lol, the whole kampong only have one computer lar....

the short answer is ......................
Am I able to install Spyder display calibration software on more than one computer?
space.gif

Solution With respect to any Datacolor monitor calibration software, Datacolor grants to you, and you accept, a personal, nonexclusive, nontransferable license to install and use the software in object code format on one or more computers at a single physical location, and on five additional laptop, notebook or other portable computers.
http://support.datacolor.com/index....a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1270&nav=0,72,78,80

to be 100% sure, please contact their support.

The reason I ask is that I have 2 computer shops in the Philippines and each shop have 10 computers..so I want to calibrate them all.

Guys,
When you install the data color software, does it ask you to enter any serial number / serial key or does it need to be register online?

Please advise before I buy the Spyder3 Pro.

Thanks again for your inputs.

The reason I ask is that I have 2 computer shops in the Philippines and each shop have 10 computers..so I want to calibrate them all.

Guys,
When you install the data color software, does it ask you to enter any serial number / serial key or does it need to be register online?

i think u dun read what we just typed. check with manufacturer.

i wont be surprised if u need to enter serial.

Guys,

Yes, it will ask for your serial number, and yes, it will go online and register, if not registered, the calibration software will not work. And yes, I have installed it multiple times and calibrated all my machines with no issues whatsoever.

Yes, it will ask for your serial number, and yes, it will go online and register, if not registered, the calibration software will not work. And yes, I have installed it multiple times and calibrated all my machines with no issues whatsoever.

Hi daredevil123, thanks for the reply. How many machines where you able to calibrate with your Spyder3 Pro?
So does it means it safe to calibrate my 10 monitors?

Hi daredevil123, thanks for the reply. How many machines where you able to calibrate with your Spyder3 Pro?
So does it means it safe to calibrate my 10 monitors?

I calibrated all 5 of my machines

Cowseye said:
Why not just install to one machine, then plug each monitor to the same machine to calibrate?

Im not sure if ok to do this since my computers have different specs and monitor sizes (22 and 24)

For the TS, you can't use it on 10 (legally) the sticky part is actually the licensing for the software itself not the measuring device. If you can find a free software that uses datacolour measurement device, I suppose you can do that. I know Linux has that free software(Argyl/dispcal), for Windows I'm not too sure.

For a computer/internet shop, if you're not doing any editing stuff, I don't think it is worth the time and effort though, people fiddle, for the love of god they do. They change the brightness, contrast, colour warmth, etc. So you just might endup with all your displays all showing different gamma levels etc. And after calibrating you might find that the display is warmer than what you're used too(most display has too much blue) and some people can't get use to it.

So unless it is a crucial part of your business, skip the calibrating part.

For the TS, you can't use it on 10 (legally) the sticky part is actually the licensing for the software itself not the measuring device. If you can find a free software that uses datacolour measurement device, I suppose you can do that. I know Linux has that free software(Argyl/dispcal), for Windows I'm not too sure.

For a computer/internet shop, if you're not doing any editing stuff, I don't think it is worth the time and effort though, people fiddle, for the love of god they do. They change the brightness, contrast, colour warmth, etc. So you just might endup with all your displays all showing different gamma levels etc. And after calibrating you might find that the display is warmer than what you're used too(most display has too much blue) and some people can't get use to it.

So unless it is a crucial part of your business, skip the calibrating part.

The license for the software is for unlimited install on unlimited machines in a single physical location. You can read the license text that came with the software.