can i use a flash of another band on another brand's cam???

Status
Not open for further replies.

compro_1975

Apr 24, 2005
different brands and be used together???

lets say, panasonic cam, nikon flash??? tks

different brands and be used together???

lets say, panasonic cam, nikon flash??? tks

can... only 1 point will trigger, aka manual flash... most hotshoe mounted flash have 2 same point, the middle big pin & the side metal, when both become close, they will fire, the rest of the smaller pins are for TTL, different companies will have different layout. even if layout the same, it may not trigger due to different circuit design.

Possible if it can be trigger with remote trigger with the IR or photocell. :dunno:

The one may work for all flash think is the Metz just need to remove/replace the shoe with a different type to match the brand of camera.

YMMV

yes, you can, but only work on Auto and Manual mode.
another thing is to beware of the trigger voltage of some old model flash units, it may fried you modern cameras.

some cameras like Minolta have reversed hotshoe that will not accept flash by another manufacture. If your camera has standard hotshoe like canon and nikon, then most likely can. Except find out what the trigger voltage of the flash is so as not to fry your sensitive digital camera.

tks tks, the help was great, btw what is the price for panasonic's flash this day??? i feel like switching to fz50 form my fx8 so need help from all of you to work out the budget... tks, websites for price list are very welcome;)

tks tks, the help was great, btw what is the price for panasonic's flash this day??? i feel like switching to fz50 form my fx8 so need help from all of you to work out the budget... tks, websites for price list are very welcome;)

Hi compro_1975, switching to fz50:thumbsup: cos now the more I use it the more I like it.;)
Hope u enjoy your new gear too(if u bought it):thumbsup::cool:

Hi compro_1975, switching to fz50:thumbsup: cos now the more I use it the more I like it.;)
Hope u enjoy your new gear too(if u bought it):thumbsup::cool:
tks, so can i consult you on some things i dun noe??? firstly how much did you get yours?

tks, so can i consult you on some things i dun noe??? firstly how much did you get yours?

Hi, I bought mine ;) on 19Aug2006(Sat) still can remember I called AP & CP (3 continual)on Wed, Thur till friday180806 was told still no stock yet:eek: . BTW I bought from AP cos quoted S$900 but CP quoted me S$920 :bigeyes: (note price is at that point of time).:cool:

you may end up frying the circuits of your expensive cam
it may not always be harmless

Status
Not open for further replies.