Can I use a 32 GB card in Canon 1000 D

aloks

Deregistered
Jun 22, 2009
Hi

I have to purchase a SD card for my Canon 1000 D camera, i donot know the maximum capacity of Canon 1000 D, can I use a 32 GB card or there is a limit, i donnot know , what is the maximum acceptable limit of Canon 1000 D camera. I have searched in owner's manual, no information is given.

Please help.

Thanks

alok

i would like to know too..... why dont u insert it into camera and see the est. number of shots that the camera calculates?

my guess is that its OK

Last edited:
Can the 1000D take SDHC cards?

If yes, should be no problem (FAT32 format) as but you could phone the Canon Tech Support Center and check with them before you buy the card.

Usually, you'll get the answer right away, or if they need to counter-check with a senior tech (give them a break - they have to deal with soooo many products), they usually will call you back on the same day.

Can the 1000D take SDHC cards?

If yes, should be no problem (FAT32 format) as but you could phone the Canon Tech Support Center and check with them before you buy the card.

Usually, you'll get the answer right away, or if they need to counter-check with a senior tech (give them a break - they have to deal with soooo many products), they usually will call you back on the same day.
my old 1D II can take SDHC cards, i think the newer 1000D can take it too...:bsmilie:

Why do you want to use a 32GB card in a still camera?

The 1000D can accept SDHC cards which are typically formatted as FAT32 so the camera should have no problem with 32GB.

It would be a total disaster to lose that much photo data in one fell swoop.

Why do you want to use a 32GB card in a still camera?

The 1000D can accept SDHC cards which are typically formatted as FAT32 so the camera should have no problem with 32GB.

It would be a total disaster to lose that much photo data in one fell swoop.

Does it also take video? Would be good to have a larger card.

Perhaps the user wants the convenience of not having to swap cards? Sometimes it's hard to do, due to harsh conditions, i.e. like a desert.