Can I upgrade from Lightroom 2 OEM to Lightroom 4?

scroogee

Mar 29, 2011
As the title says, Lightroom 2 came with my Vaio Z, hence I would think of it as OEM software.
I want to upgrade to Lightroom 4 by buying the upgrade version rather than the full retail version ($100 difference).
Can any of you good folks confirm if upgrade from my Lightroom 2 to 4 is possible via the LR4 upgrade version?
Is there a way for me to check if my Lightroom 2 serial number is eligible for upgrade?
Or where can i find Adobe's Terms and Conditions regarding OEM upgrades? Tried to google for it but no dice.
Thanks

As the title says, Lightroom 2 came with my Vaio Z, hence I would think of it as OEM software.
I want to upgrade to Lightroom 4 by buying the upgrade version rather than the full retail version ($100 difference).
Can any of you good folks confirm if upgrade from my Lightroom 2 to 4 is possible via the LR4 upgrade version?
Is there a way for me to check if my Lightroom 2 serial number is eligible for upgrade?
Or where can i find Adobe's Terms and Conditions regarding OEM upgrades? Tried to google for it but no dice.
Thanks
check out the shopping cart, it seem possible.

but agree with Dennis, best is to contact Adobe, the live chat is useful and you can answers instantly, instead of asking here and nobody can give you a concrete reply.

thanks. started a query on adobe and got one positive response, albeit not conclusive. will wait for a few more responses before purchasing.

scroogee said:
thanks. started a query on adobe and got one positive response, albeit not conclusive. will wait for a few more responses before purchasing.

adobe's reply will be more conclusive then anyone us here. none of us here represents adobe. we say can but adobe say cannot. what say u?

I guess you are asking in the adobe forum, there are many helpful members but not all of from represent adobe.

there is a live chat for you to use, you are talking to the tech / sale people who are working for adobe, why don't use it?

yup, i overlooked the chat option (was jet-lagged) and ended up in the community forums.
now after some sleep, i found the chat button and managed to get my S/N confirmed as eligible for LR4 upgrade.
so i guess it doesn't matter if you have Retail or OEM, as long you have a legit S/N.
very please about the $100 savings.
i'm excited about LR4 and at the same time intimidated. i've had LR2 in my laptop for 2 years but never actually used it so i'm a noob to PP. only got interested because of all the hoopla surrounding LR4 so i installed the trial and got hooked.
guess i'll be hanging around this part of the forums more frequently now. likely asking stupid questions :bsmilie:

yup, i overlooked the chat option (was jet-lagged) and ended up in the community forums.
now after some sleep, i found the chat button and managed to get my S/N confirmed as eligible for LR4 upgrade.
so i guess it doesn't matter if you have Retail or OEM, as long you have a legit S/N.
very please about the $100 savings.
i'm excited about LR4 and at the same time intimidated. i've had LR2 in my laptop for 2 years but never actually used it so i'm a noob to PP. only got interested because of all the hoopla surrounding LR4 so i installed the trial and got hooked.
guess i'll be hanging around this part of the forums more frequently now. likely asking stupid questions :bsmilie:

enjoy your LR4!

i saved alot by purchasing a LR2 license from another person then bought the upgrade version of LR3. :)