Can I track a USPS Parcel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunfish

Mar 26, 2005
East of Singapore
Hi,
Anyone has experience sending or receiving parcel/mail from US using USPS? Do you know if I can track the whereabouts of a parcel? I am expecting a parcel from USA via USPS Global Expess Mail, but it never arrive.:sweat:

u cant track from USPS web .. it takes about 10 days to arrive
be patient ..

try fed ex .. love their tracking ..

You can track USPS only if the item was sent by one of their services with a tracking number, or an insured item. Other than that, no tracking.

Having stayed in the USA for some 4 years... I will say that USPS-Singpost has a very reliable service, reliable defined as simply "not loosing your precious items".

Never had any shippments lost during transit whether a not I included insurance for the items. Generally, it takes 7-10 days for a mail to be shipped either way, 10-12 days for parcles and about 15-20 days for insurred / tracked items. Please note that the above are calculated on a "working-day" basis. Add in the weekends and public holidays and woo...it will be somewhat longer.

As tracking and insurance does require the service provider to "specially track" each step of the transit, do be prepared for a longer wait.

But yes, you may track USPS shippments, though the online tracking service aint "up-to-date". It can take 1-3 days after arrival for the information to be posted / updated in the system.

-Cheers

Unfortunately, Airmail is not a trackable service online, so no tracking number is assigned to a parcel or letter.The only services that offer tracking are Global Express Guaranteed or Global Express Mail.
However to check, the sender can complete the PS Form 542, "Inquiry about a Registered Article or an Insured Parcel or an Ordinary Article," located at their local Post Office. The information they provide on this form will be directed to the appropriate U.S. International Exchange Office for processing with the respective destination postal administration. The results of the inquiry will be shared with the sender.

Thanks all for the advice:) ,
it has been almost a month since the parcel was sent out. I have asked the sender to try to track it, I am keeping my finger crossed...:sweat:

Don;t know if this helps, but generally it takes about 2 weeks for a parcel sent by normal air mail, but but but, the longest I had to wait was about 2 months before a parcel arrived by USPS.

Apparently, within the US itself, USPS is fairly notorious for losing items and damage during transit, or at least that's what my friends say.

Status
Not open for further replies.