Can I shoot Slide films on F80?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hOrizoNsKy

Mar 18, 2005
I've seem and heard alot of fun and good experience of shooting slide.. I really need to know if F80 can shoot slide-films. Thanks in advance everyone. :D

I see, thanks :embrass: Will it affect the colour quality during printing process? Someone said to me that if I dun have projector, there no need to shoot slide. Is that so? I have never try slides.

slide film become a positive image after developing..so u can view it on a light box and a loupe.

Many do not project their slides,they shoot it for the vibrant colors slides are capable of.

For printing,most if not all labs in singapore scan it into a digital file and print..
but slides dun scan well in most labs.. negatives scan best.

there are other scanning options to get a good scan out of slides as well..

hOrizoNsKy said:
I see, thanks :embrass: Will it affect the colour quality during printing process? Someone said to me that if I dun have projector, there no need to shoot slide. Is that so? I have never try slides.

First, read through some stuff here it will give you some ideas. 2nd, I would say you have more control in shooting slide than negative. What you get back (the slides) is what it will be. Of course due to differences in the different types of film, you can try to achieve gracefullness effect, high contrast effect etc by using different film of your choice, just like you shoot digital, Photoshop edit it to increase contrast saturation etc stuff.

3rd, projection is still the best way to view a slide, the next best being through a lightbox and if you need, a lupe. The best print is a Cibachrome/Ilfochrome print, which is not available here in SG.

4th, slide is still the best way to see if you got the exposure right as under or over exposure you can judge right from the start by viewing, the lab do not fix the photo as there is no print.

Ask yourself, if your intention is to print them out for viewing, negative will be better than slide as it is easier to print (lower expectation as you also do not know how the image looks like in the first place compared to direct viewing from a slide). In fact, if you want print and want control in the easiest way, digital is the way to go.

kex said:
slide film become a positive image after developing..so u can view it on a light box and a loupe.

Many do not project their slides,they shoot it for the vibrant colors slides are capable of.

For printing,most if not all labs in singapore scan it into a digital file and print..
but slides dun scan well in most labs.. negatives scan best.

there are other scanning options to get a good scan out of slides as well..
I dun think your statement is correct. Some places still print slide direct..

Yup. I shoot slides on F80 all the time :)

nemesis32 said:

There are only 2 direct slide printing methods if you go to the link I give above. Please tell me where these "places" are as I am looking forward to print my slides. I called Fujifilm SG and they said they did not bring in anymore R3 process chemicals and paper, while Kodak has discontinued its R3 process supplies last year.

The only way to print is via internegative and scanning, which both are not direct printing, unless someone has bring in their own P3x chemicals for Ilfochrome printing.

nemesis32 said:

are there still lab doing Cibachrome printing ??

all digital machine in the market scan the slide and then print the digital file out using RA-4 chemicals

Cibachrome requires another type of chemicals(R3) :)

Kex, I thought Cibachrome requires P3 or P30 kind of chemicals? R3 or R3000 chemicals are for Kodak and Fujifilm alternative direct print process.

Eh, dun just talk lar, when will be the next Slides gathering? and outing? I have few rolls or provia to waste!:)

Really get impressed as a guy calling himself theITguy explaining the Slides stuff huh? Chris, you are the best!:thumbsup:

Somehow, hOrizoNsKy, if you have shot your slides and get it processed, you can get kex to scan in the slides for you into digital format so that you print them out. The color of the slides is simply:bigeyes:!!! (kex does provide processing of slide right?)

There do not seems to be much interest in having one, plus I do not have time else I cannot shoot. We see how loh.

Sorry for the OT.

theITguy said:
Kex, I thought Cibachrome requires P3 or P30 kind of chemicals? R3 or R3000 chemicals are for Kodak and Fujifilm alternative direct print process.

not too sure which is which,never do it b4.

cibachrome and R3 all are slide printing methods :)

yellowfinsg said:
not too sure which is which,never do it b4.

cibachrome and R3 all are slide printing methods :)

There is a big difference between the 2, where the former is still alive while the latter is kind of dead (no or limited support) due to digital.

Cibachrome are now call ilfochrome right ?not too sure..

i got them mixed up,R3 printing are long gone..

Cibachrome dunno still available in singapore anot,if RGB Lab with their volume of slide processing dun do Cibachrome...i doubt any lab in singapore still do it..

If your RGB Lab is the Beach Road branch which is now part of Fotohub, no they do not do anymore after I have talk with the retail operation manager. Do not think SG has anymore Cibachrome printing. Kex, how about you getting the chemicals and papers from Ruby and you provide the service? :)

Many thanks for all your responses. ;) Kex, many I ask where your is shop located?

Cibachrome printing should be very troublesome without the processing drum(never do it b4!)

i can't imagine the hassle to work in total darkness.

Thanks sumball!~

Status
Not open for further replies.