can i shoot at mental hospital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

junniee

Jan 19, 2007
www.flickr.com
was wondering .. can i go in woodbridge hospital and shoot shoot? never try before..planning to have a trip there

lol :eek:

shoot the people?
shoot the stuff?

you can't shoot at any hospital, let along at IMH.

all mental patients' identity are classified.

don't need to ask, the CEO will not grant anyone any permission.

i dont think it would be very nice taking photos of the handicapped.
plus i dont think you would want people taking photographs of ur demise too right!? :)

no noo.. just asking hahaha ... :D

i am a good ger =D

I wonder why you have the idea of shooting at Mental Hospital....
You enjoy pointing your camera at Mental patient?:sweat:
You bear to shoot the patient and viewing on the computer?:sweat:
Please respect the patient.

happen to see ppl having shot on woodbridge people?

having some small doubt

i tot cant shoot hahaha.. so.. wondering and ask ard .. tt all =p

having some small doubt

Well that doesnt mean u shouldnt consider the people there :nono:

was wondering .. can i go in woodbridge hospital and shoot shoot? never try before..planning to have a trip there

lol :eek:

shoot the people?
shoot the stuff?

no need lah...

take a photo on yourself.... ok already...

having some small doubt

i guess you might get permission if you have a particular project from which the hospital and the patients may benefit. However, just go there are shot does not benefit the patients, specially since some of them may not be able to express if they like to be photographed or not. Such a project requires a lot of sensitivity, feeling for others and respect. shoot shoot is the wrong attitude. The same applies to an old folks home and other hospitals. if you want to take photos there then you spend first a number of visits WITHOUT camera to get to know to the people...

nv consider.. jst dont understand why ppl can shoot there hahhaa

It is a privacy issue for the patient and the family ... I am sure that you would not like the same thing done to you if you happen to have a family member there ... I guess that the golden rule is "do not wat you would not do want to be done unto yourself" ...

Dear Junniee,
I work in a psychiatic centre in Singapore and would agree on respecting the privacy and dignity of the patients in IMH - this is very important. What you encoutered may have been one of the staff who has already cleared with the authorities within and guidelines concerning the identity of the patients would be observed also. If that chap was not a staff he/she would have gotten clearance to do so. If no clearance, he/she should be "shot". So, it's advisable not to take any pics of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.