Can I sell this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benchmarc

Apr 5, 2007
www.marcusli.com
Not the photos posted... but the service. My thoughts are these... I'm doing this only as a hobby but the cost is killing me. Time and effort no need to count but the cost of the eqpt and modifying/upgrading them is escalating. Should i even think about offering ppl a chance to get their rides photographed for a fee? Dont have to be much, say maybe $100 a pic... i dont know... Considering the ridiculous amounts ppl spent on their cars these days, whats that small token as a keepsake to remember their ride? Anyways I put 3 pics here as an example. Anyone can do static shots but not these.

192760166-L.gif

192760166-L.gif

192760166-L.gif

Nice pictures. Good luck to your business and - people would love to see their faces better so as to show it's THEIR car.

if you can get the right buyer, anything is possible I suppose. nice car pics. got bike pics?

if you can find willing buyers why not
go for it, but charge more, i believe that you are using a rig to shoot these

Well i can show their faces, just wind down windows and adjust camera lo... just that these pics were meant for a certain forum and ppl dont want their faces to be seen.
Bike pics nope... have not thought abt the idea of rigging a bike...
Ortega, yup these are rigged, i designed and got a company to make the rig for me. Hence the cost. And everytime i need to make changes, money talks, haiz. ANyway charge more meh? I'm afraid ppl wont be willing to go for it, plus like i said, only intention is hopefully to recover cost.
Thanks for the comments so far guys:)

agreed with ortega, find the right buyer, you may able charge more.

as for see faces of the car owner, some may think their face can make it, rather show off their wheels instead.

this rig cannot be bought over the counter yes?
if the client wants these kind of shot, he/she would have to custom make a rig, yes?

charge more, but produce results

the white sky does not look too good.
morning or evening shots would be better

Yup the rig cant be bought. There is a reason why i used white skies but i know what u mean. Something like this pic? I think the easiest thing to come up with would be pricing. Self-marketing would be alot more difficult! Looks like response so far is ok with the idea. I maybe be able to start drafting something soon...
193556229-L.jpg

all the best in your new venture.

Awesome pictures. I won't mind paying if I had an awesome car to show off though lol!

Great ideas. Gave it a try.

another option would be renting your rig out to photographers
of teaching others to take pictures using your rig.

all the best to you

patent your rig first!!

then commercialize it to ad company... car company etc...

then find more use for your rig... for portrait, nature shoot or somethin...

then sell your rig to massess

Thanks ortega but cant do that. Rig thing is very touchy, supposed to be some trade secret. And if i intend to do this, cant sell myself out can i?:) Thanks alot though!
Majest1c yes i did think of doing that but until it is super solid, which i got to make sure it is, then i'll start to think abt mass producing. Thanks alot too!

from another view point your rig better be LTA friendly or you might get into unnecessary trouble.

Those are incredible photos you have taken, I love the shot of the VW Beetle. :thumbsup:

Considering the cost of owning a car here in SG, in which many owners really love their cars and treat it as a 2nd home, I believe that there is a market for such services, as long as you market yourself well.

sell them as stock photos.. think they are great for that purpose!
chk out the link in my nick to see.

no upfront fees. great way to get to know more ppl that way.
provides 2nd income for ur service that you are selling.

Can I suggest more range? You can take similiar photos with other features as well. Don't limit yourself to cars. I would say... It's very nice:thumbsup:

You never know if you don't try....I like your photo, I think your idea will sell very well if you market it to the right audiance in local car magizines and forums.....don't worry about the cost....people will pay if it's good just like those wedding photos :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.