Can I retrieve deleted images on SD card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grainpixel

Oct 10, 2006
www.pbase.com
Hi,

Just checking if I could retrieve deleted images on a SD card?
And perhaps, thou that I deleted many months or even years ago?

Yes you can provided after you deleted the images, you didn't use the SD card. If you had used the SD card, how many images you can recover will depend on how much information from the deleted images was overwritten subsequently. You can use software like PhotoRescue to recover your deleted photos.

Those photos which you had deleted many months or years ago, in all probability you will not be able to recover any of them considering that you would have used your SD card multiple times during this period..

http://www.recuva.com/ It's free.

I use this program to recover accidentally deleted pictures.
Like what the above poster said, you can only recover if the card is not overwritten.

Last edited:
Hi,

Yes you can recover deleted images from memory card( SD, Micro SD, Duo pro etc.) using stellar phoenix photo recovery software. This software easily recover the images from memory card as well as from hard disk. As you said you have deleted the pictures few months ago, if you didn't write any image on memory card then these images can be recovered. Better option is download demo version of this software and check the preview of recovered images.

Thanks

if u're out in the field and do not have pc on hand, u can use the Hyperdrive Colorspace which has a data recovery. can be used on corrupted data too

Status
Not open for further replies.