can i oil my lens motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hackie

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
my nikkor 70-300mm lens makes quite a fuss when focusing.. i noticed this screw that turns when focusing. can i oil it with to reduce the noise?

Originally posted by hackie
my nikkor 70-300mm lens makes quite a fuss when focusing.. i noticed this screw that turns when focusing. can i oil it with to reduce the noise?

In a word: DON'T! When oil leaks inside, into the elements, you will have a very expensive repair job. Let the service centre do it if you really need lubrication.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

In a word: DON'T! When oil leaks inside, into the elements, you will have a very expensive repair job. Let the service centre do it if you really need lubrication.

Regards
CK

gee.. thanks. :)

I assume that your 70-300 is a 'G' lens. The loud noises are probably inevitable due to poorer build quality. If it is not, then thats strange, or you're just too used to HSM/AF-S motors :)

Originally posted by hackie

Originally posted by erwinx
I assume that your 70-300 is a 'G' lens. The loud noises are probably inevitable due to poorer build quality. If it is not, then thats strange, or you're just too used to HSM/AF-S motors :)

ya.. it's the "free" G lens tat came with f65..
well, since it's free, wat else can i ask for.. :D

Originally posted by megaweb
how abt using a "ear plug" :dunno:

:D

hmm... lost the pair i was given on Charlie... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.