Can I mass convert RAW files to JPEG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellamy

Feb 15, 2006
As above, I heard someone did it before but I don't know how to.. Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks in advance!;)

As above, I heard someone did it before but I don't know how to.. Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks in advance!;)

Canon DPP can do that. I always do. 1st select all the photos you want to convert den open in DPP. I always DL from my cards to comp using zoombrowser, den in ZB, i select the photos and right click, click process raw. that will open my DPP. If you want to do any adjustment, this is the time to do it else just click save. it will open a dialog box for you to save photo as Jpeg (default). You can choose yr location to save to, change file name etc.

Hope that helps.

Er... I'm using canon and the software are provided. I'm not sure about other system.

i think any RAW conversion software can do... Nikon Capture should be able to do it, so does Lightroom or Rawshooter Essential (freeware)

Thanks in advance!;)

There's always a RAW Preview program for the thumbnails if you need them in a smaller file size and just for previewing.

Else, the other way for me would be to use Adobe Elements 4.0 and do a Process Multiple Files. It does the extraction and any Auto Levels, Auto Colours or Auto Contrast, Sharpening if I need to utilise any of those features....

Canon DPP can do that. I always do. 1st select all the photos you want to convert den open in DPP. I always DL from my cards to comp using zoombrowser, den in ZB, i select the photos and right click, click process raw. that will open my DPP. If you want to do any adjustment, this is the time to do it else just click save. it will open a dialog box for you to save photo as Jpeg (default). You can choose yr location to save to, change file name etc.

Hope that helps.

Er... I'm using canon and the software are provided. I'm not sure about other system.
Thanks for your prompt reply! I'm on Canon too.. I tried to use your method but come to a point its just one big BLUR to me! :dunno:

When i right click "Processing RAW Images", another window pops up. Its the "RAW Image Task" and from there i blur already. They show each and every of my photos, and i dunno how to mass convert from there.

Sorry and thanks for yr patience, one big newbie here

i think any RAW conversion software can do... Nikon Capture should be able to do it, so does Lightroom or Rawshooter Essential (freeware)

Thanks, downloading and trying Rawshooter Essential.

There's always a RAW Preview program for the thumbnails if you need them in a smaller file size and just for previewing.

Else, the other way for me would be to use Adobe Elements 4.0 and do a Process Multiple Files. It does the extraction and any Auto Levels, Auto Colours or Auto Contrast, Sharpening if I need to utilise any of those features....

Can i use the same method on the CS2? I cant seem to find anything that can do the above. Thanks for yr reply too!

Can i use the same method on the CS2? I cant seem to find anything that can do the above. Thanks for yr reply too!

Sorry.. haven't tried the CS 2 yet... so can't be sure. ;)

Thanks for your prompt reply! I'm on Canon too.. I tried to use your method but come to a point its just one big BLUR to me! :dunno:

When i right click "Processing RAW Images", another window pops up. Its the "RAW Image Task" and from there i blur already. They show each and every of my photos, and i dunno how to mass convert from there.

Sorry and thanks for yr patience, one big newbie here

from there you can see "save" on top. click that and you will see another window for you to set yr conversion type, name etc.

I just realise that there is another easy way. open DPP, select yr files, den from the file tap, click batch process or shortcut Ctrl+B. However i still prefer my earlier method as i will do some minoer adjustment to individual photos. not all photos will be processed in the same way. I'm not good with description and instruction. sorry abt that.

from there you can see "save" on top. click that and you will see another window for you to set yr conversion type, name etc.

I just realise that there is another easy way. open DPP, select yr files, den from the file tap, click batch process or shortcut Ctrl+B. However i still prefer my earlier method as i will do some minoer adjustment to individual photos. not all photos will be processed in the same way. I'm not good with description and instruction. sorry abt that.

no bro its gd! thanks for yr advice and all yr help!

Thanks to all who gave me the advice! Really appreciate it alot! thanks!

Thanks in advance!;)
What system are you using? If Nikon, you can use PreviewExtractor from this website:
http://drchung.new21.net/previewextractor/

But this software not give you maximum quality of JPEG. If you need maximum quality, you can use Nikon Capture (and do batch process for convert all photos).

Extra, this software also can tell you shutter count from exif data.

Regards,
Arto.

Can Photoshop 7 do it too?

Status
Not open for further replies.