Can I hand carry tripod into Jetstar?

donut88

Nov 14, 2008
As above, i'm taking Jetstar..... is tripod hand carry allowed or i need to put into luggage and check in?

My tripod is a short one, Sirui T series.

donut88 said:
As above, i'm taking Jetstar..... is tripod hand carry allowed or i need to put into luggage and check in?

My mistake. It's Airasia that I'm taking.

Can you please do a search? Your cooperation is appreciated, you are not the first one having this question.

donut88 said:

Why not give the airline a call? ;)
Then let us know the outcome.

Why not give the airline a call? ;)
Then let us know the outcome.

this is actually the fastest way to find out :bsmilie:

yet no one picks up the phone to call.

this is the TEXT and e-Mail generation...

to them... a phone is for games and texting... not calling :bsmilie:

this is actually the fastest way to find out :bsmilie:

yet no one picks up the phone to call.

this is the TEXT and e-Mail generation...

to them... a phone is for games and texting... not calling :bsmilie:

calling involves something that we have become unfamiliar with.... something called TALKING.
:bsmilie:

donut88 said:
My mistake. It's Airasia that I'm taking.

I've carried tripods on board air Asia's and tiger's fights before. But do note that during those occasions I have my wife with me so she was carrying it in a tripod bag along with her small handbag.

Please do be mindful of hand carry restrictions on these flights.

I've packed the my tripods in my check in luggage the other times I flew solo.

Confirm can. I just did what you intended to do last week.

i always bring my tripod check in on board either with SIA, tiger, jetstar, lion air, air asia, qantas.
don't forget to bring your tripod bag..

donut88 said:

I would say depend on airport (maybe). I took SIA from Singapore to Tokyo which I am allowed. For returned which is same airline but I can't. Did not bother to ask why & just check in my tripod.

Hmm so we are allowed to have 2 bags while we board the plane? In addition to a backpack, we are allowed to have a tripod bag too? So in a way we can bring a backpack plus a smaller bag (let's say a hadley pro) containing our DSLR?

Niedermayer said:
Hmm so we are allowed to have 2 bags while we board the plane? In addition to a backpack, we are allowed to have a tripod bag too? So in a way we can bring a backpack plus a smaller bag (let's say a hadley pro) containing our DSLR?

Actually you are only allowed a single bag plus a personal item. Please check the respective airline's website on their definition of personal item.

i travelled with few airlines..SIA, jetstar, qantas, air asia...so far there is no issue as long as bring your tripod with bag...don't bring it "naked"
hahahaha

No. You are only allowed to hand-carry one bag.

I think it will be better if you can check-in your lugguages to the baggage and hand carry your camera, lens and tripod (packed into a bag)
You will need to be $23 over the counter for the baggage fee.

This is what I did 2 weeks ago.

No. You are only allowed to hand-carry one bag.

I think it depends on luck, just went to Bali over the long weekend via Jetstar and I brought 2 carry on bags, one laptop bag and one camera sling bag, but of course both added together are within the cabin size limit.

I think it depends on luck, just went to Bali over the long weekend via Jetstar and I brought 2 carry on bags, one laptop bag and one camera sling bag, but of course both added together are within the cabin size limit.

U can bring 1 laptop bag which is not part of the "1 carry on bag" requirement.
Additionally, u can also bring a backpack (1 carry on bag) and a camera bag which is also not part of the "1 carry on bag".

Not sure about tripods.
Hope that helps.

ricleo said:

Yes bro Ricleo is correct, depends a lot on luck, as well as the airport staff, size of your main bag, and how full the flight is.

And a small laptop bag is considered a personal item.

Can, I just did it last week but I stuffed it into my hand carry.

Agreed.