Can I get compressed air in S'pore ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

locksley

Jan 26, 2004
Central Area
Currently in US, saw photography shops uses compressed air instead of normal blower.

Wondering are they available in S'pore ?
they are selling 3 cans for 9.99 bucks here

Sim Lim Square, Funan Challenger ?

Should be available there for compressed air, can be used to clean the dust on motherboards etc.

Challenger @ Funan has them. Bought a two can promo offer some time ago. Can't remember the price though, I think $15 or something close.

Not supposed to use compressed air to blow DSLR's CCDs, right?

Actually I heard its not recommended to use compressed air as its too powerful, might damage the optics/sensor. For general cleaning I guess its ok :)

For compressed air, even camera shops like cathay photo and alan photo do carry them.

Personally I have used them to blow off dust from lens, filters...etc
and General cleaning.

But for CCD, it is not advised, for 2 reasons.
1) The compressed air will discharge liquid when used (it happens when the liquid air is de-pressurised into gas, condensation may take place)
Hence do not point the can at the CCD too close.

2) The strong jet of air (compared to blowers) from the CAN, might "damage" the CCD.

Several camera manuals I have come across have WARNINGs against the use of Compressed air for CCD cleaning.

Buy air compressor + regulator(air brush type). This way, you can regulate how high the pressure can go. from 5-40psi oso no problem... :p

kekekkekeeee,,....

For those who uses compressed air regularly... suggest you get a compressed air machine.. those for pumping car tyre.. about $80 to a $100. where?.... DIY or hardware shop!
Yappy

ya.
I'm thinking to get a compressed air machine :think:

You can get centrifugal/reciprocating/screw air compressor into a cooler then air drier;
It'll remove most of the rubbish in the air, remove the water, oil, dust. hehe!

Status
Not open for further replies.