Can i fit a nikon Sb25 on a 20D body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosycatus

Jun 9, 2004
Sb25 is quite old. Can't find any mention of it anywhere. Can i mount this on the hotshoe of a 20d? Anyone try before?

metering? Does the flash meters? I'm not sure also. Just a noobie.
I intend to use auto flash....that's why looking at old nikon flashes.

Sorry but isn't SB25 a Nikon Flash and 20D a Canon DSLR? How to use??

cosycatus said:
Sb25 is quite old. Can't find any mention of it anywhere. Can i mount this on the hotshoe of a 20d? Anyone try before?

It should fire (i.e. sync only), but there will be no flash metering - meaning the camera will not take the flash output into account when calculating the exposure.

Never used Nikon Speedlights, so can't comment on what the actual behaviour will be like. If the SB25 has it's own thyristor then you can use it on your 20D.

But no TTL, then sibeh siong right? Need to make sure all the settings on the flash are correct.. I already have problems using a SB24 with my D70s, SB26 still ok.. Don't say using different brand of flash and DSLR together, even worse?

JediForce4ever said:
Fit on hotshoe...on flash and camera.
Flash will fire..but I think got no TTL...

jeryltan said:
But no TTL, then sibeh siong right? Need to make sure all the settings on the flash are correct.. I already have problems using a SB24 with my D70s, SB26 still ok.. Don't say using different brand of flash and DSLR together, even worse?

well..photography had gotten a lot easier already. Last time, there were not autofocus, no auto film winding, flashes were huge and mounted at the side, no build in light meter.

I think i can live with the need to adjust aperture on the flash if it gives me good pics.

Also get a adaptor to use Nikon lens, get Nikon eye piece , Nikon neck strap ....

A Mix Blood, half Canon half Nikon, no horse run ;p ppl ask you what Cam you using just say CanKon (or KingKon):bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.