Can I bring my DSLR to singapore concert?

clevez23

Jan 30, 2012
tonight i am going to ONE REPUBLIC Concert which will be at the sentosa singapore. I was planning to go there with my canon 5d MKII + 70-200 IS II, so the question is, can i enter with it? thanks!

clevez23 said:
tonight i am going to ONE REPUBLIC Concert which will be at the sentosa singapore. I was planning to go there with my canon 5d MKII + 70-200 IS II, so the question is, can i enter with it? thanks!

most concert dun allow BIG camera.
Sometime even when P&S and security see u taking video, they may go over to stop u too.

http://www.sistic.com.sg/events/republic1013

Check the admission rules. They say no flash photography, video and audio recording, but never mention completely no photography allow, just don't take video and/or use your flash.

thanks guys its help a lot!

I had been stop from bring my DSLR into a concert before, that time was only using 450D.

i never dared take my DSLR to a concert - didn't want the hassle, and to be honest, i want to enjoy the show more than anything. so i always took my compact camera only. i usually take many pics, even a few videos, and have never been stopped by the staff

to be honest, seeing the amount of flashes going off from various parts of the audience, its probably impossible for them to stop people taking pictures and using flash. the only time they'd stop you is at the entrance, carrying a large camera. but if they mention 'no flash photography' only, i guess maybe the rules have changed a bit? havent been to a concert in over a year, in singapore

Really depends on the organizer. For the Aerosmith concert, everyone could bring in their dslr even though the organizer's site clearly stated no dslr cameras, etc

my friend recently brought his 70d into the S.H.E concert, no problem.

Some concert don't allow, some do. All you need to do is read the terms and conditions regarding individual concert. In TS case, the terms and conditions is clear... "No flash photography, no taking of video and audio." and that was about it. So you can bring your camera in, just don't use flash and shoot video or audio.

Simple as that. No need to guess and fall back on what other people do or not do... and when in doubt or the terms and conditions are not spelt out, ask the organizer, that is the simplest, fastest and most accurate way of getting information.

http://www.sistic.com.sg/events/republic1013

Check the admission rules. They say no flash photography, video and audio recording, but never mention completely no photography allow, just don't take video and/or use your flash.

I went to the recent ONE FC event at the indoor stadium and the rules stated the same as above. I tried my luck with a 70-200mm on the d600 and took it out of my bag while checking it and they were fine. Another MMA Event held by Rebel in dec is different. The rules state no photography and recording of any type, so I will not try my luck lol

i remembered i went to the metallica concert....

wanna save the hassle of being checked..i didnt bring my olympus pen....

in the end used my mobile phone...

when im there..saw many using dslr and mirrorless..seems can be used in concert..organizers give n take?

haiz..now regret...

It really depends on organizers I feel...

Personally I've tried before bringing DSLR to concerts, mostly had to leave camera with them.. but when I brought mirrorless along they are totally cool with it..

I think mostly to deter ppl from spoiling the market for the "exclusive" footage by their own media team?

Windballad said:
It really depends on organizers I feel...

Personally I've tried before bringing DSLR to concerts, mostly had to leave camera with them.. but when I brought mirrorless along they are totally cool with it..

I think mostly to deter ppl from spoiling the market for the "exclusive" footage by their own media team?

Guess so. Rmb saw one article b4 on one of singer concert, even when someone try to hold their camera or phone up the security will stop them already.

Check the concert or event for details. They will specify either no photography at all or no flash photograhy. If no photography, they can be explicit to stated both DSLR and ILC not allow.

I remember I went for 2 nights for Jacky Cheung Concert a few years back. 1st night I brought NEX-5 with 18-55mm only, they ok and let me in. 2nd night I brought NEX-5 with LA-EA1 adaptor with 75-300mm, they stopped me citing no DSLRs and I corrected them that it is not DSLR and they said can change lens also cannot. Anyway I managed to sneak in with the camera:p

This is the concert that mentioned in newspaper article that someone was stopped by security. Well I guess after the 1st night, they found a lot of good quality photos floating around internet hence was much stricter on the subsequent night. Anyway the security as long you don't stay up too long they won't bother you. If you are staying too long, they will just warn you but if you repeatedly doing it then they will mark you and come next to you or ask you to go out with them.

Some have very strange wording, need to read between the lines. Like the Phantom of the Opera or this Friday/Sat's The Phantom Unmasked at MBS:

- Photography, Video Recording and Audio Recording is strictly prohibited during the performance.
- All DSLR / Cameras with interchangeable lens is strictly prohibited inside the auditorium and must be checked in into the Theatres Cloak Room.

It means can bring compacts and can shoot during intermission or whenever the performance is not running. =.=

Some have very strange wording, need to read between the lines. Like the Phantom of the Opera or this Friday/Sat's The Phantom Unmasked at MBS:

- Photography, Video Recording and Audio Recording is strictly prohibited during the performance.
- All DSLR / Cameras with interchangeable lens is strictly prohibited inside the auditorium and must be checked in into the Theatres Cloak Room.

It means can bring compacts and can shoot during intermission or whenever the performance is not running. =.=

same as metallica concert....yet....................

i saw Nexes...pens/panny....

same as metallica concert....yet....................

i saw Nexes...pens/panny....

In fairness, it would have been very hard to control the Metallica heads.

Front row FTW! ;)

RX10 can go in then. lol

Your camera can go in but you will be thrown out.