can I bring my cam into Parliament House and pay respect to LKY

oceanxp

Jun 27, 2002
NUS
Visit site
hi people

Not sure if this has been asked before. Can we bring cameras into Parliament House ? will it be stopped at the security gate? I know we can't take pictures inside.

you won't be stopped, but you will be reminded that you are not to take photos when you are inside to pay respect to LKY.

hi people

Not sure if this has been asked before. Can we bring cameras into Parliament House ? will it be stopped at the security gate? I know we can't take pictures inside.

u can bring, but dont take pics. Just obey the instructions. The punishment would be v drastic

no photography allowed once step into the hall....full respect for the deceased...

Just pack the cam once you enter the building. Best way to show respect and avoid unwanted issues.

Title should be: can I bring my cam into Parliament House and pay respect to LKY?
Misleading title, do follow the offical website and police onsite instructions when on site.

Definitely not allowed. Just visited in the morning and geezus the crowd but in reflection
LKY deserved such amount of support.

I think u guys misunderstood TS. He is just asking if happen to have camera, can he or she still enter? TS wasnt intending to shoot. Read TS last sentence again.

I think u guys misunderstood TS. He is just asking if happen to have camera, can he or she still enter? TS wasnt intending to shoot. Read TS last sentence again.

guess so long u dont take out and snap inside..should be fine. else , handphone with camera feature all cannot bring in liao.

I had my D4 with me when I was there the previous night. It was slung over my shoulder with a black rapid. I had it along with my back pack X-rayed outside. And as you are about to enter the premises of the Parliament House, There are signs that tells you no photographing allowed. I walked in with my camera slung over me. I walked in and paid my respects and walked out. No one stopped me but they did not have to as I made no move to try to snap a shot. No one made a scene like come to try to "remind" me to not shot. Yes they saw me with my camera. I smile at them and they simply let me walk thru.I shot my entire journey of 6 hours from start to finish and not having to capture a shot of the inner chamber where Mr Lee lie in state. Respect is more important then making a "dick move" to try to catch a shot and ruin the mood of the place and yours by doing so.

I can understand why they will not allow it. Especially with smartphone shooters, how slow most would struggle to shot and trying to capture the pose and all that nonsense or re-shooting till they happy with what they shot and move. That would be disruptive and how much longer would the waiting line be for all if this was allowed.

Last edited:
Not to mention it is just downright disrespectful at this point in time...even for the most common unknown man.

Take a picture of the sunrise tomorrow instead Singapore...I bet that is the way he'd want it... :)

As I read more about your founding father he reminds me of my founding father in a way. I speak of George Washington. Mr. Lee saw that something had to be done. Now he was probably like old George and didn't even want the job. It was a dirty job. Someone had to do it. Mr. Lee did his part as did Mr. Washington. Now we must do our part.

I think Mr. Lee left the world a much better place...how about you? Respect!

Last edited: