Can I bring charger to US without transformer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ongsw

Oct 2, 2003
www.francisong.com
Hi all,

I will be going to US for a short trip. I own a E500 and the battery charger seems to state that the device can take a range of voltages. I wonder if anyone tried using the charger in 110V situations? Thanks!

Warm regards,

Francis

ongsw said:
Hi all,

I will be going to US for a short trip. I own a E500 and the battery charger seems to state that the device can take a range of voltages. I wonder if anyone tried using the charger in 110V situations? Thanks!

Warm regards,

Francis

BLM-1 is 1500 mAh with a voltage of 7.2V. It does not affect at all. Battery is charge by Amp as the Amp is more than it required the rest will be drain off. ;)

yes, i have used it in 110v country like Taiwan. just remember to bring along a plug adapter (as the have different plug pins forms), no need transformer.

If your charger is capable of switching between both 110V and 230V. It's no problem, in fact most chargers today are capable. Just need a universal plug.

Anyway, its usually the frequency(50hz/60hz) that you should be worried about. This will kill your electronic components.

A universal charger should work withint the range of 110 to 240v :thumbsup: Just like shchow said.....make sure you have the correct plug :thumbsup:

The BCM-2 charger specs says: AC 110-240V 50-60Hz 0.12A. As long as you stay within these specs, it will work. If you try to use it below 110V it may work but will need longer time to charge, if you try over 240V you probably will fry your charger. 0.12A is so low so even a hotel bathroom shaver charger contact can deliver that much (little) current. So, just bring your adapter plug and you are on the safe side.

Merciless_Knight said:
BLM-1 is 1500 mAh with a voltage of 7.2V. It does not affect at all. Battery is charge by Amp as the Amp is more than it required the rest will be drain off. ;)

Battery Voltage and Amps has not much in common with the wall plug voltages in different countries. Two very different subject, that is one of the reasons why you need a charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.