can i ask a dumb question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2003
eh..correct me if i'm wrong hor.

a digi cam has an actual shutter.and shutter speed n aperture can be controlled in manual digicams.

if u replace the CCD with film, it still works like a film camera?

Zerstorer

Jul 8, 2002
Depends on which digicam.

Some digicams have no shutters(exposure controlled by CCD/CMOS readoff) and some use the aperture/iris as a shutter.(Hence you see higher shutter speeds only valid at small apertures)

All DSLRs have the same attributes and limitations of their film counterparts though.

Apr 29, 2003
really?

hmm..

then i thought further. if lets say, out of inconvenience sake, we remove the LCD of the digi cam and replace it with the similar black-LCD screen that displays the camera settings like the modern film slr.... wouldn't that save a lot on the camera?

like since 1GB microdrives are so abundant nowadays, if avid digital-photographers don't mind not knowing how their shots have turned out( like a film camera) and willing to wait till they reach their computers, and upload it to check, will it be feasible?

i was just thinking, how parts of the digi cam can be modified to a like-film-slr-kind to save costs...

iceman

Jan 28, 2003
near e4
Visit site
you mean DIY?

not sure on the possibility, i'm sure you have used a film camera before. how is the camera going to handle the film - the loading, forwarding of the frame and rewinding of the frame? so, no more slim camera. maybe something like polaroids?

if it is possible

a. you would lose most of the features of the digi cam - white balancing, video and etc since you cannot see the menu (not sure if you can use the EVF since i do not owe a digi cam).

b. the film and the CCD are of different size, so you would lose a large area of the film -

denizenx

Feb 1, 2002
L2TPYSG
Visit site
Originally posted by GreenEggs_n_Ham
really?

hmm..

then i thought further. if lets say, out of inconvenience sake, we remove the LCD of the digi cam and replace it with the similar black-LCD screen that displays the camera settings like the modern film slr.... wouldn't that save a lot on the camera?

like since 1GB microdrives are so abundant nowadays, if avid digital-photographers don't mind not knowing how their shots have turned out( like a film camera) and willing to wait till they reach their computers, and upload it to check, will it be feasible?

i was just thinking, how parts of the digi cam can be modified to a like-film-slr-kind to save costs...
doesn't this defeat the advantage of a digital camera? the instant gratification part?
the really el cheapo ones use the b/w LCDs like the CHEEZy cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom