can give me some tips with night photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radeonic

Aug 5, 2005
using an S2 IS n both manual n p modes give me **** quality for night shots, day shots no problem

any tips for a newbie like me?
tia

Try reading my night photography tutorial...the link is in my signature. Hope it helps...any more questions, just drop me a line. Provide sample photos too, if you can, and we can better determine where your main issues lie.

wow, fword
ur site rocks
i'm using an S2 IS, n it's not really appropriate to bring a tripod wherever i go cos it's just for P&S purposes

img_0158.jpg

the full size is 1600x1200
it looks ok on the lcd but when i transferred to the computer, it's blurred
:(

looking at your EXIF tags, your shutter speed is fairly slow. Make sure your shutter speed is higher than 1/(focal length) and you should be quite safe. Adjust your ISO to use a higher ISO.

that is becoz u most probably set the flash on slow sync mode..

ur camera will record movements of ur hand or the subjects during the whole exposure before firing the flash.

If u were to zoom in on ur camera LCD,u will most likely see the movement.

Try to use the normal flash mode with higher ISO and slow shutter speed like 1/30s?
for sharper results,but u will lose the Vibrant back ground..

radeonic said:
wow, fword
ur site rocks
i'm using an S2 IS, n it's not really appropriate to bring a tripod wherever i go cos it's just for P&S purposes

img_0158.jpg

the full size is 1600x1200
it looks ok on the lcd but when i transferred to the computer, it's blurred
:(
liddat call low-light photography easier for us to understand, coz i think most of us get the idea of still life shots with long exposures when u use night photography;)

Use the flash, even if you had your tripod with you, as long as those people moved the photo will still turn out blur.

JediForce4ever said:
liddat call low-light photography easier for us to understand, coz i think most of us get the idea of still life shots with long exposures when u use night photography;)
ok, learnt something new
still relatively new to this camera....especially night shots. day shots r very good and sharp, just the night shots...
the S2 seems to be a new experience for me compared to the A95 i used before
:dunno:

i'm always on M mode cos i dun like auto as it gives me very washed out pictures, so any suggestions for me to use M mode for night and low-light cases?

n0d3 said:
Use the flash, even if you had your tripod with you, as long as those people moved the photo will still turn out blur.
yeah, sad
wasted 1 photo

kex said:
that is becoz u most probably set the flash on slow sync mode..

ur camera will record movements of ur hand or the subjects during the whole exposure before firing the flash.

If u were to zoom in on ur camera LCD,u will most likely see the movement.

Try to use the normal flash mode with higher ISO and slow shutter speed like 1/30s?
for sharper results,but u will lose the Vibrant back ground..
by the way when do we use flash with slow sync mode? :dunno:

Me usually use that mode, as dont quite understand the different between normal and slow sync mode.

using slow sync mode, since to be blur especially when taking night photo.

by the way me using a PnS camera.

yhw22 said:
by the way when do we use flash with slow sync mode? :dunno:

Me usually use that mode, as dont quite understand the different between normal and slow sync mode.

using slow sync mode, since to be blur especially when taking night photo.

by the way me using a PnS camera.

Hi,

Slow Sync mode is for taking night portraits with a vibrant background. For Slow sync, you'll probably need a tripod in order for it to capture sharply.

For normal mode, you'll see your subject clear and your background dark.

touching on the slow sync mode..
can explain a bit more on the settings?

a bit OT here hope you dun mind
how to activate the settings with my equipment 350d + 420ex

TIA

use flash if its not landscape

holds steady dont shake

thats about all

Belle&Sebastain said:

You can't do without tripod for night scenes especially you want to produce some effects.

_C231655.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.