Can film camera telephoto lens be fitted onto a prosumer camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlw8888

Aug 16, 2007
Somewhere in heartland
as above. as long as the diameter thread size is the same, am i right to say so? correct me if i am wrong.

depends on the model i guess. But i think as long as it fits the thread size, should be able to. But what kind of results u'll get, is another story.

please provide more info. which tele lens are you refering ? brand and model? which prosumer camera are you talking about? brand and model..

some lens may fit but may not perform to 100% of the functions. please provide more info.

why not? you may even get some funky results. :)

please provide more info. which tele lens are you refering ? brand and model? which prosumer camera are you talking about? brand and model..

some lens may fit but may not perform to 100% of the functions. please provide more info.

The camera i referring to is fuji S5700. The lens i saw at is at ebay one. Total there are 3 of them: Anscor wide angle lens 46mm, Anscor telephoto lens 46mm & Kalimar AUX wide angle lens.

The camera i referring to is fuji S5700. The lens i saw at is at ebay one. Total there are 3 of them: Anscor wide angle lens 46mm, Anscor telephoto lens 46mm & Kalimar AUX wide angle lens.

I see what you mean. This fuji S5700 is not able to have the lens replaceable ( your main lens is permanently fixed onto this camera body ). The Anscor lens that you are seeing at the ebay is only attaching to the front of your existing lens by thread ( if I am not wrong ).

Personally, I have not used any of these, so... cannot comment too much. It is best that you try to mount the lens before you start paying for the lens, else the risk is all on your side. :sweat:

I see what you mean. This fuji S5700 is not able to have the lens replaceable ( your main lens is permanently fixed onto this camera body ). The Anscor lens that you are seeing at the ebay is only attaching to the front of your existing lens by thread ( if I am not wrong ).

Personally, I have not used any of these, so... cannot comment too much. It is best that you try to mount the lens before you start paying for the lens, else the risk is all on your side. :sweat:

oic. thks for the advice.

I've got a 0.5x wideangle lens addon for the S9500. And at the widest end of the zoom, u can see vignetting, which isnt too cool. But guess can jus crop it out though.

as above. as long as the diameter thread size is the same, am i right to say so? correct me if i am wrong.

If you consider the Nikon D40 to be a prosumer, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.