Can fan or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTan

Mar 10, 2004
No big deal. Probably thrashable when used for documentary-type u/w photography.

My question now is.. what are your views on this pic when u are viewing it from another perspective. What comes to mind when u first see it. See any potential? Can it be used in another aspect of photography (u/w) other than evaluating it as a picture-perfect shot of a sea-fan? again i'm assuming this is a seafan

040521_02_2702.jpg

I'm drawn back to this image everytime i browse thru my pics. Why? Cuz i think it has some kind of lomo effect feel. That's the draw. (for me)

Please comment and tell me your feelings. Critiques most welcome (if any)

it feels like the "last moment look"..as in during the dive, wen u finally decide to surface and pack up and go home, u take a last look at the uw surroundings , and happen to see this fan thingy..then mindlessly grab a quick shot of it..then go home...then after the pics r developed, u look thru..and find this nice little fan there :)

clive said:
it feels like the "last moment look"..as in during the dive, wen u finally decide to surface and pack up and go home, u take a last look at the uw surroundings , and happen to see this fan thingy..then mindlessly grab a quick shot of it..then go home...then after the pics r developed, u look thru..and find this nice little fan there :)

good to know how u feel... still waiting for others to share their spits or smiles.
and clive, this wasn't the 36th frame if u are asking. not quite taken mindlessly. quite mindfully on the contrary.. :confused:

DTan said:
not quite taken mindlessly. quite mindfully on the contrary.. :confused:

oh paiseh paiseh :bsmilie: lolzz..the mindless part was not really that mindless..like u know, rather a casual yet firm n decisive shot...hard to put in words ah..but when u take that kinda shot, that kind of "feel" u will know one

technically it wont be the best nor will it be the worst shot..it can be OOF, underexposed, whatever flaws...but "mood" wise..its one of those that stand out quite abit. ;-)

I like the effect. :) A small aperture cuts off the background which can be distracting. Not sure that digital users with our pathetic f8 can manage the same effect though...

Dtan, you can be our "special effects" photographer... with all this lomo, slow sync etc techniques... ;p

special effects??? hahhaa... another way of disguising cannot-make-it photos, :D

Still waiting for comments. not just from u/w forumers. anyone viewing please share your views. experts non experts, lomographers blahblahblah. Thanks.

well looking at the picture, i thought my eyes blurred for a while, which makes me stare at the picture again..

the sea fan stands out with the dark background, which i always tries to create but not very successful with my internal strobe and lousy technic. still experinmenting with it.

this effect..if i not wrong..basically its to intentionally set shutetr speed n aperture to under-expose and at the same time fire the flash straight on =)

Status
Not open for further replies.